Skip to main content

Couple More Things

Wanted to ask for prayers for a couple of more things. One is that we should be getting the full chromosomal test back on Monday or Tuesday of next week. I have to say that I'm very nervous about that and what is going to happen. Second is that I have to go in for an MRI on the baby's heart on the 4th. This is to make sure there is nothing on the outside of the heart that is causing it to shift like it has. So we thought we were done with doctor's appointments for awhile, but no. The MRI takes 1-3 hours so I will need a lot of patience to just lay there while they are doing it.
We have had a good time with our family so far. It has been nice to relax and just let ourselves take a break from everything for a while. We've been at my Mema and Papa's house in Farwell and we'll head over to my other grandparents house today. My Papa is at home and that has been great to see. Last time I saw him (last Thanksgiving) he was in the hospital and not in his right mind due to a fall and being on a lot of medication. The only sad thing about this time is that there is something about my voice that he cannot hear. He is very hard of hearing, even with his hearing aids, and I guess my voice is just at the right pitch or frequency or something that he cannot pick it up. He can hear everyone else so I have to get them to repeat what I say for me so he can understand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

We Need Your Prayers

Many of you have probably heard all ready, but Aaron and I got some devastating news today. Our baby will probably not survive outside the womb. They did an amneostasis this afternoon to test for chromasomal defects, which is what they think it is right now. I know I am spelling everything wrong so I hope what I write makes enough sense for everyone to understand what is going on. The specialist we went to see feels that it is triploidy or triamias 18. Those may not be the right names but they are two of the three chromasomal defects. The other is down's syndrome. He did not feel that it was down's. The other two defects are fatal so if we carry the baby to term it will not live but for a few days or hours if one of the defects above is the problem. We will know in 2days. If it is not one of those then we will have to go to a cardiologist and a genetic counselor. The baby had clubbed hands and feel and it's heart is not formed correctly and is not in the right place. Becau...