Skip to main content

Another Sonogram

We went to the high risk pregnancy doc today for another sonogram. This time he could see all four chambers of the heart, the pulmonary valve, etc. In his words it looked "dramatically better". He feels there is still some slight compression on the heart and that we need to continue watching it. As of now he cannot see anything that is causing it and the MRI did not see anything either. He also felt that the hands were okay. They are not clenched fists at least as he first thought, meaning that the fingers aren't overlapping each other. Her hands are still in fists and she won't open them but he said he has had other babies that have not opened their fist in the sonogram but the hands have been normal at birth, so we still have a lot of hope for those little hands. He was able to get a better look at the face today, no cleft palate, so that is a huge blessing. The feet are still concerning. They are definitely clubbed but she is also not moving them. She is moving her thighs and her knees but nothing below that. The bones look normal in legs and arms for this stage of development. The umbilical cord is on top of her feet, which is not an unusual thing but he said she should be able to kick that off or get out from under it but it has been coiled on top of her feet both times he has looked at her. So we will continue to watch that as well. I was not surprised to hear that her feet weren't moving becuase I have felt like that is the case from what I am feeling each day of her movements. After the sonogram when we got to the parking lot, I just started crying because I was so amazed at what God has done for her development so far. Another thing he said when he was looking at the heart is that he would not even say that it is rotated, just that there is still slight compression. We have an appointment with the pediatric cardiologist on Tuesday so we'll see what he thinks about how the heart is looking but from today it sounded like things are looking way up. So please just continue to pray for healing and development of her heart and for her little feet. We don't know what is going on with them so prayers over that would be appreciated as well. Today we are just amazed at God's blessing of Maddy's growth and how he has watched over her and cared for her over the past four weeks.

Comments

Jennifer said…
I hear ya on just skipping sonos and waiting until the birth to see what God has blessed you with. I guess this is case and point as to why American College of OB/Gyns still doesn't recommend routine ultrasounds as they've yet to show an improvement in outcomes. But, I figure people will continue to get them nonetheless.
ANYWAY, praising God for Maddy's growth and development! Praying for her little legs/feet! God is truly knitting her together.
Hol, that is GREAT news. I guess I had been outta the loop recently since I had forgotten what your blog site was. BUT, now I am saving it to comp so I can keep up!
Praise God for the good news!
Hey where are some prego pics of you???? :)
seg said…
yay!!!! so happy for all of you! God is good. thanks for keeping us updated so well. we love you!
Jessica said…
Yay! Makes me happy. Praise God! Hope to see you soon, on the way to D's graduation. Thursday the 18th. Spades tournament possibly?
Jessica said…
whoa, i just almost copied verbatim Sarah, who commented before me. kind of weird. :)
Anonymous said…
It has been delightful to get the continually improving reports! I've been praying for all 3 of you! Love you a bunch. Remember that you don't love that baby as much as God does!
Sarah Kirksey said…
Keep the good news coming, Lord! :)
Zach and Alyson said…
Yea for good news... that little Maddy sure is a fighter.
Chrissy Cross said…
God is answering all of our prayers!
s&sjohnson08 said…
Holly, what wonderful news!!
God i pray for Maddy's little feet, her hands and heart as she develops! i pray for aaron and holly as they prepare for beautiful Maddy to come into their lives! bless all three of them!

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

Birthing Class Finale/Shower

We had a busy weekend! Saturday we finished up our birthing class and learned lots of new and helpful information. We were there for 7 hours this time. The class was very good but I was so ready to stop sitting for a little bit at the end. I think both of us feel glad we went but also just completely bombarded with information that it's going to take a little bit to process. Guess that's what happens when you try to learn everything in two days. At the end of our class our teacher came up to us and suggested that we contact one of her friends that is a Doula. For those of you who don't know (I didn't know what this was before I took this class) a doula is like a birthing coach that helps you through the labor process. A lot of people that want to have a natural labor (no pain meds, etc.) us a doula. I had never thought I would be interested in this. In fact, up to the moment that the teacher suggested this lady, it wasn't even an option in my mind. We had shared a l...