Skip to main content

An Amazing Story

I am sitting in the library working on a paper. I am getting very bored and sick of working on this paper, but I still have many pages to go. So, I thought I'd take a time out and tell you an amazing story about what happened to Aaron yesterday.
All of the first year faculty at DBU has to go through the formality of meeting with the trustees of the school. The first years have to be approved by the trustees before they can officially be offered a contract for a second year of teaching. This is usually just a formality and hardly ever results in someone not coming back. So Aaron went to this meeting yesterday morning. The trustees wanted to know things like "What brought you to DBU?" So after they had their conversation, Dr. Linum, the provost, asked Aaron to share with the trustees everything that had been happening with Maddy. So Aaron did that. As he was leaving, one of the trustees asked to talk with him and followed him out of the room. It turned out that this guy was on the board of a hospital in Dallas. He gave Aaron his card and told Aaron to call him when the baby is born because there are some things that his hospital can do for clubbed feet for free. I don't know what kind of procedures this "free" entails, but Aaron and I were just both totally blown away. Who would have thought that God would put someone in this routine meeting that would be someone who could help provide for Maddy's needs? I had been wondering about all of the procedures she would have to have and whether the insurance would consider her feet a pre-existing condition and we would have to come up with thousands of dollars for surgery or whatever it was that she needed. The fact that God stepped in and offered a way to provide for this was very amazing and very humbling. This is a great story of God's provision for us and it has been so encouraging to me over the past two days that I just wanted to share with all of you.
Tonight is DBU's last home basketball game so we are going to go to that. Tricia is coming to hang out with us. We will also sit in on a little bit of Aaron's chemistry class because Aaron has been wanting Tricia to come hear one of his chem. lectures.

Comments

the libbys said…
you guys have so many amazing stories out of all of this! i'm so happy for you!!

and, i feel like such a brat being so antsy about the libbster being born! hopefully i'll calm down--because i'm sure that's the only way she'll come out! :) you don't have much longer either! YEAH!!!
Zach and Alyson said…
y'all really are here in Dallas for a great reason... there's so many people here that are caring for you and being touched by your story. Everything will work out great for Maddy... not too much longer!
MadeByAmanda said…
What a great contact!
s&sjohnson08 said…
this post just gives me goosebumps! God is so good! Sean and I are both praying for you guys!

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

Birthing Class Finale/Shower

We had a busy weekend! Saturday we finished up our birthing class and learned lots of new and helpful information. We were there for 7 hours this time. The class was very good but I was so ready to stop sitting for a little bit at the end. I think both of us feel glad we went but also just completely bombarded with information that it's going to take a little bit to process. Guess that's what happens when you try to learn everything in two days. At the end of our class our teacher came up to us and suggested that we contact one of her friends that is a Doula. For those of you who don't know (I didn't know what this was before I took this class) a doula is like a birthing coach that helps you through the labor process. A lot of people that want to have a natural labor (no pain meds, etc.) us a doula. I had never thought I would be interested in this. In fact, up to the moment that the teacher suggested this lady, it wasn't even an option in my mind. We had shared a l...