Skip to main content

and another cast down and another cast down and another cast bites the dust...


This morning Maddy's foot was way up inside her cast again. Not good since she just had surgery to correct it yesterday. So we called Scottish Rite and they told us to come on in. The doctor had to stretch her foot back into the corrected position again, which she did not enjoy, but she did pretty good. And yest, that cast looks huge because it is huge! He put three layers on. He also had to bend her knee to keep it from sliding down. That was a little disappointing because we'd been working on getting them straight but that is better than wasting a surgery. I don't think this one is coming off. If it does, I will be shocked. So, if all goes well we should have a two week break from SR, which will be refreshing since we went there four times this week.
We tried out the jogging stroller tonight--just on a walk--but it is awesome! Pics of that later.

Comments

Chrissy Cross said…
Maddy is looking so great!! I can't wait to see her. I am so glad that you have the patience and persistence to stay on top of her casting, I am sure that someday you will look back and be so glad that you were so careful about making sure everything is right.
Ms. Embry said…
I am so sad that another weekend has passed me by with no chance to get up to Carrollton to see you guys! :-( I'm glad that the surgery wasn't too traumatic for all involved and that hopefully the cast situation has been resolved for a few days. Enjoy your stroller...the weather has been awesome the past couple of days!
Brittany said…
AWESOME!! She's looking great. Cool that you have the stroller, too. Hope that's enjoyable for you both.
Anonymous said…
I am so glad Maddy is handling all this doctoring and casting so well. With a running family like yours, a jogging stroller is a must have. It would collect dust around here....I'm ashamed to say.

Brandon
MadeByAmanda said…
Wow. So many casts for such a tiny person.

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

Birthing Class Finale/Shower

We had a busy weekend! Saturday we finished up our birthing class and learned lots of new and helpful information. We were there for 7 hours this time. The class was very good but I was so ready to stop sitting for a little bit at the end. I think both of us feel glad we went but also just completely bombarded with information that it's going to take a little bit to process. Guess that's what happens when you try to learn everything in two days. At the end of our class our teacher came up to us and suggested that we contact one of her friends that is a Doula. For those of you who don't know (I didn't know what this was before I took this class) a doula is like a birthing coach that helps you through the labor process. A lot of people that want to have a natural labor (no pain meds, etc.) us a doula. I had never thought I would be interested in this. In fact, up to the moment that the teacher suggested this lady, it wasn't even an option in my mind. We had shared a l...