Skip to main content

Sniff Sniff


So I have had a cold for the past few days. YUCK! There is just about nothing worse than a cold in summer. I have been practically bathing in hand sanitizer trying to keep from passing it on to Maddy but it will be a miracle if she doesn't get it. We went to Scottish Rite Tuesday and they made a new split for her right leg. The therapist definitely agreed that she had outgrown it. The other splint will still last a while since it is just for the knee and we can adjust it accordingly. Today she has PT/OT. We were supposed to go at 12:15 but since I am sick Aaron has to take her so he worked it out to take her in at 2:30. I am kind of excited that he is going to take her, even if it is because I'm sick, because I have wanted him to get to see what they do first hand and get to talk to them but the appointments have just never been at good times for him to come. I have been trying to get a good video of Maddy smiling but so far no luck. She can be smiling away and as soon as the camera comes out she freezes and just stares. She has also been "talking" a lot lately so I'd like to get a video of that as well. When I'm successful, I'll post it.
Next Sunday is Aaron and I's 6th anniversary. Hard to believe. If everyone is feeling well, we'll go to San Antonio for a Friday/Saturday. We have a gift card to Best Western that we've never used yet. Last time we stayed in a hotel was last year for our anniversary.
My summer class is going well so far. I do have a 12 page paper due about the middle of July. Which means I need to get busy! I think I have decided to do it on Marcel Duchamp. He was part of a lot of different avante garde movements. One of them was the dada movement which was really weird. He got an old urinal and named it 'Fountain' and tried to enter it in a show but the people rejected it because they said it wasn't art. I really don't think it is art either but I want to do my paper on someone I don't know much about and who is interesting enough to keep me motivated to write the paper.
Happy Father's Day to all the dads!

Comments

Chrissy Cross said…
I had a cold like that for 2 weeks, I blame it on lack of sleep. :) Get better and enjoy your anniversary!! Maddy looks great!
Brandon said…
SO YOU'RE the one that gave me a cold! I have had a little bout with the sniffles too. The first time I ever remember having a cold between April and October. So far I haven't seemed to pass it to the kids.

My definition of art: if anybody can do it, it isn't art. Anybody can throw paint or weld together junk, an artist creates something unique.

Hope you get a video of Maddy, that would be cool.
Brittany said…
Happy Anniversary, guys!! She looks so cute in her little towel thing. Hope you both have a great time for your ann. and have a great trip and aren't sick. I did not enjoy covering the dada movement or pop art, either. I think I tend to agree with Brandon about everyman art.

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

Birthing Class Finale/Shower

We had a busy weekend! Saturday we finished up our birthing class and learned lots of new and helpful information. We were there for 7 hours this time. The class was very good but I was so ready to stop sitting for a little bit at the end. I think both of us feel glad we went but also just completely bombarded with information that it's going to take a little bit to process. Guess that's what happens when you try to learn everything in two days. At the end of our class our teacher came up to us and suggested that we contact one of her friends that is a Doula. For those of you who don't know (I didn't know what this was before I took this class) a doula is like a birthing coach that helps you through the labor process. A lot of people that want to have a natural labor (no pain meds, etc.) us a doula. I had never thought I would be interested in this. In fact, up to the moment that the teacher suggested this lady, it wasn't even an option in my mind. We had shared a l...