Skip to main content

Maddy and Food


I have this pic on my facebook page but some of ya'll aren't on facebook so thought I'd share it here as well. We started Maddy on cereal on Wednesday. This is her reaction to eating cereal for the first time. I started her on oatmeal but think I was supposed to start with rice cereal. She seemed okay except yesterday she seemed like maybe she was getting some diaper rash. She has never had a problem with that before so I stopped oatmeal and got some rice cereal so we'll do rice for a bit and then try oatmeal again. I need to do more reading before I start these new things but I was busy looking up stuff about weight gain, etc. this week so sort of forgot it MIGHT be important to figure out the specifics of introducing solid foods. If she does okay on the cereals this week, maybe peas will be next. I better look it up though to make sure that is a good plan. :)

Comments

Brandon said…
My sister in law's boy started getting diaper rash when he started eating solid food. Especially when his grandpa was feeding him all kinds of greasy meats he wasn't used too. It should get better as she gets used to the diet.
Chrissy Cross said…
Hilarious picture!! I love it when they first get to try real food. :) Rashes happen with foods, her little body just has to get used to it. She looks so chubby!
Jennifer said…
Abriella had diaper rash pretty much constantly for months once she started solids. It was not pleasant! She'd never had one before that. And, unfortunately, Triple Paste was the only thing that worked to help it, and that stuff is expensive! We never did any kind of cereal--skipped it all together. Check out kellymom.com and they give some good hints on how to go about starting solids. I also enjoyed wholesomebabyfood.com which gives great information about starting solids and also how to go about making your own, if you're interested in doing that. Have fun!
Anonymous said…
Thank you Holly for posting this picture. She is a little blue eyed doll. Delightful!! Nan

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

Birthing Class Finale/Shower

We had a busy weekend! Saturday we finished up our birthing class and learned lots of new and helpful information. We were there for 7 hours this time. The class was very good but I was so ready to stop sitting for a little bit at the end. I think both of us feel glad we went but also just completely bombarded with information that it's going to take a little bit to process. Guess that's what happens when you try to learn everything in two days. At the end of our class our teacher came up to us and suggested that we contact one of her friends that is a Doula. For those of you who don't know (I didn't know what this was before I took this class) a doula is like a birthing coach that helps you through the labor process. A lot of people that want to have a natural labor (no pain meds, etc.) us a doula. I had never thought I would be interested in this. In fact, up to the moment that the teacher suggested this lady, it wasn't even an option in my mind. We had shared a l...