Skip to main content

Thanks and more prayers

Thanks to everyone for praying. Aaron's mom came back to Amber's last night around midnight. She is not doing good. She is definitely in a serious depression phase right now. She told Amber she spent her time away praying that God would let her die because she can't handle everything anymore. She has a psych appointment tomorrow morning in Montrose and Aaron's grandma is picking her up this afternoon to take her down there. Just pray for both of them because it is going to be very stressful until the appointment and even then I'm not sure what the psych can do for her. She really needs help from some of the government programs available but of course government red tape is slowing all of that on and everybody is just having to try to hang on for now hoping that they will come through soon. I am not sure what they are going to do about her possible kidney problems. I think the goal now is just to get her to her appointment tomorrow and then go from there.

Comments

Oh Holly, I'm so sorry to hear about Aaron's mom. I have several close members in my family that suffer from similar mental illnesses, and I know how difficult it can be. We'll be praying that God provides treatment for her soon, that the rest of the family will have discernment and wisdom in handling the situation, and that ultimately everyone will have peace. Hugs to you!
bee said…
Any news on Kim? Been praying for her.
Anonymous said…
My thoughts and prayers are with you all. May she find the strength she needs to come through this. She's lucky to have such a wonderful family around her.

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

Birthing Class Finale/Shower

We had a busy weekend! Saturday we finished up our birthing class and learned lots of new and helpful information. We were there for 7 hours this time. The class was very good but I was so ready to stop sitting for a little bit at the end. I think both of us feel glad we went but also just completely bombarded with information that it's going to take a little bit to process. Guess that's what happens when you try to learn everything in two days. At the end of our class our teacher came up to us and suggested that we contact one of her friends that is a Doula. For those of you who don't know (I didn't know what this was before I took this class) a doula is like a birthing coach that helps you through the labor process. A lot of people that want to have a natural labor (no pain meds, etc.) us a doula. I had never thought I would be interested in this. In fact, up to the moment that the teacher suggested this lady, it wasn't even an option in my mind. We had shared a l...