Skip to main content

Scammed, Sick Baby, Rainy Day



I don't really have much to blog and normally probably would not be posting but it is a rainy day and Maddy has some kind of cold or teething issues (not sure which) and so it has been a pretty long day. Right now she is watching a Baby Mozart DVD we got her for Christmas. This is the first time we've watched it. So far I can' tell if she loves it or not, but she is staying quite and not fussy and not having to be held for a few minutes so I'm calling it a hit. Maddy is doing better than this weekend. She had a mild fever almost all weekend. Now it is a very runny nose and coughing from the drainage. It just sounds horrible when she coughs. We have a pediatrician appointment on Wednesday so if she is not better by then, hopefully he can give her something.
So I got scammed this weekend. It was on Friday and I'd just put Maddy down for a nap. The doorbell rang and normally I don't answer the door during the day because it is usually salesmen and I don't want to talk to them. But I guess I thought it might have been the mailman leaving a package or something because he always rings the doorbell when he leaves one. Well I opened the door and my "guests" were walking away. They came back and started talking to me. The way the lady presented it they were in some kind of organization that helped inner city kids get out of the inner city. If I would send a magazine to the homeless shelter she would get a commission etc. Well I had an uneasy feeling in the back of my mind but I didn't pay attention to it like I usually do. Especially since Aaron arrived in the middle of our conversation and seemed to think it was okay. Well after we completed this transaction we looked up the "organization" online only to find that it was for profit organization and the lady we'd talked to was their star seller for the month. Good grief! I found something on my receipt that said I could fax it in within three business days and cancel the transaction. So we did that but I don't know if I will see my money back or not. Anyway, none of you are probably as dumb as I am, BUT if someone like this comes to your door and you have to buy a magazine to help them DON'T do it. I wouldn't exactly call it a scam per se but it is definitely a misrepresentation that they are a charity or non-profit when they are just trying to make a sale. Lesson learned the hard way I guess.

Comments

bee said…
AWWWW! Look at Maddy with the dogs. Does she pull their hair?
Chrissy Cross said…
I got scammed too! I never do stuff like that, but I did and lost my money. The fax #, email, and phone # were all FAKE!!
hey hol, that so stinks, but thx for sharing. my hubby seems to always get into those things too, so i will def be sharing your experiences with him! THX!!! :)
ethan.eckstein said…
HAHA suckers! You have to be cold and heartless like me. Ive never been scammed cause I just say no thanks and shut the door.

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

Birthing Class Finale/Shower

We had a busy weekend! Saturday we finished up our birthing class and learned lots of new and helpful information. We were there for 7 hours this time. The class was very good but I was so ready to stop sitting for a little bit at the end. I think both of us feel glad we went but also just completely bombarded with information that it's going to take a little bit to process. Guess that's what happens when you try to learn everything in two days. At the end of our class our teacher came up to us and suggested that we contact one of her friends that is a Doula. For those of you who don't know (I didn't know what this was before I took this class) a doula is like a birthing coach that helps you through the labor process. A lot of people that want to have a natural labor (no pain meds, etc.) us a doula. I had never thought I would be interested in this. In fact, up to the moment that the teacher suggested this lady, it wasn't even an option in my mind. We had shared a l...