Skip to main content

3 Prayers

Well today is a crazy day doctor wise for our family. First my Grandma is in surgery this morning as I'm writing this. She should be out soon but please just pray for her recovery and good results.
Second thing today is that I believe my Papa is going in for some kind of scan at a neurologist office. He has been having spells when he just kind of passes out and doesn't remember anything and they have been getting worse so they are trying to figure out what is causing that and if there is anything they can do to fix it.
Third, Maddy has an endocrinologist appointment today. This is a follow up but they do want bloodwork and that has turned out to be a nightmare so far. They called Monday night wanting us to go get it for the appointment. So we tried at the location here in Carrollton and it was not successful. Maddy is really hard to get because she is a baby and because her condition makes it hard as well. The girl working at the lab had no business sticking anyone with a needle who wasn't a run of the mill type patient. Plus she was completely unprofessional and rude and the place was not clean. I really should have listened to my gut and left but I didn't. She was wearing a t-shirt and sweat pants. That did not inspire a lot of confidence either. Anyhow, Maddy was very upset after all that yesterday and it was so frustrating because we had nothing to show from all the abuse she went through with that lady. Big lesson for me is to just walk out if I don't have the feeling that the person working is good or cares about what they do. I don't know if they will attempt today to try to get that bloodwork again. I imagine her arms won't be healed enough but I don't know.
Anyway, a few little prayers for all that today would be much appreciated, especially for my Grandma to do well.

Comments

Chrissy Cross said…
Prayers are lifted for you papa and for little Madi, let us know what you find out, I will let you know as soon as I hear anything about Grandma.

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

Birthing Class Finale/Shower

We had a busy weekend! Saturday we finished up our birthing class and learned lots of new and helpful information. We were there for 7 hours this time. The class was very good but I was so ready to stop sitting for a little bit at the end. I think both of us feel glad we went but also just completely bombarded with information that it's going to take a little bit to process. Guess that's what happens when you try to learn everything in two days. At the end of our class our teacher came up to us and suggested that we contact one of her friends that is a Doula. For those of you who don't know (I didn't know what this was before I took this class) a doula is like a birthing coach that helps you through the labor process. A lot of people that want to have a natural labor (no pain meds, etc.) us a doula. I had never thought I would be interested in this. In fact, up to the moment that the teacher suggested this lady, it wasn't even an option in my mind. We had shared a l...