Skip to main content

Some Maddy-isms

 Maddy has been talking so much lately, and the more she talks, the funnier she gets. Tricia gave her this letter thing for her birthday. She loves it and any puzzle, book, or game with letters in general. When she plays with her letters she sings this little song to herself that sounds something like the following: "Lackalazy x! Lackalazy x!" We cannot figure out what she is singing.
 As most of you know, dinner time is a constant struggle. Maddy usually ends up scattering and dropping about as much food as she eats. Or just making a duck bill out of a bite of burrito.
 One day at lunch I gave her macaroni and banana. She love mac 'n' cheese and ate a lot of it but still managed to scatter a lot of it too. Then she looked at me and said, "Mac 'n' cheese EVERYWHERE!".
 Maddy likes to try to help out with chores. One chore is cleaning animal hair off the furniture. But wait! Why mess around with that. Let's just go straight to the source.
As you can tell by the tail in the air, crouched, ready to run away stance here, the cat did not appreciate this ingenious idea.

She is also trying to figure out how what she does or has or wears relates to everyone else. When she gets done eating she will always say, "Mama all done too!" Then I have to explain that I am still eating. In the mornings (this happens on weekends mostly) she will get up and want to come to our room. We put her in bed with us. She hangs out for a little bit and then sits up and pushes on us saying, "Mama get down!" Meaning she wants me to get out of bed. When I get up she will go over to Aaron and push on him and say, "Dada get down!" Until he gets up too. This morning she brought some diapers into the bathroom where I was getting ready and said, "Mama put on diaper!" I explained that I did not wear diapers. Then she asked, "Dada wear diaper?" I told her no. Then she said, "Bye bye diaper. Maddy no wear diapers." If only potty training could really be that easy!

Comments

bee said…
Maddy just cracks me up!!!
Drs Meyer said…
Mom and I laughed out loud at that!!!! Love that precocious girl :)
Blabber said…
I had a nice laugh over this. Thankyou maddy for being so funny and thankyou holly for sharing.
Brandon E. said…
Amazing how fast they learn. Just think about how many things they have to learn in the first 5 years.

Funny story in Amanda's family: Her sister 3 years younger just up and decided one day she was going to wear underwear like her big sister and basically did potty train herself. They said she went to Amanda's room and put on some of her underwear and that was it. Funny deal.

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

Birthing Class Finale/Shower

We had a busy weekend! Saturday we finished up our birthing class and learned lots of new and helpful information. We were there for 7 hours this time. The class was very good but I was so ready to stop sitting for a little bit at the end. I think both of us feel glad we went but also just completely bombarded with information that it's going to take a little bit to process. Guess that's what happens when you try to learn everything in two days. At the end of our class our teacher came up to us and suggested that we contact one of her friends that is a Doula. For those of you who don't know (I didn't know what this was before I took this class) a doula is like a birthing coach that helps you through the labor process. A lot of people that want to have a natural labor (no pain meds, etc.) us a doula. I had never thought I would be interested in this. In fact, up to the moment that the teacher suggested this lady, it wasn't even an option in my mind. We had shared a l...