Skip to main content

Spring Break!


At the park. The dogs sliding was Maddy's idea but Daddy was happy to accommodate.
 It's Spring Break this week! It has been nice to not have to prepare for class and the weather has been perfect for being outside. Even before this week, we've just been enjoying the Spring weather. We put our garden in on March 2nd. I think this is the first time we've actually got our garden in at the right time. Usually we end up planting way to late and then we don't make anything.
Playing a game on Mommy's phone.
 I started a photography class last week. It is a continuing education class at the community college and is 8 weeks long. The teacher seems to be good so far. I think I will learn a lot from him. A friend from church is taking the class as well, so it is an added bonus to get to take the class with her.
Waiting for the shark feeding.
 Yesterday, Aaron and Tam took their allotted day off for Spring Break week. We met Rachel at the Dallas World Aquarium (after accidentally ending up at the aquarium at Fair Park (oops!)). We spent about 2 hours touring the place. It was packed and very claustrophobic in many areas, BUT Maddy had a great time and was especially fascinated by some of the frogs they had there. We also got to see them feed the sharks. SCARY! After we finished we ate lunch at the Corner Bakery in the West End and we got to sit out on the patio. Really a perfect morning.

At the aquarium.

Taking advantage of the great weather and eating outside.



The only downside to all this is that Spring allergies are kicking in right on schedule so that has put a slight damper on all the activities for me lately.
March Madness will be here soon! 

Comments

bee said…
Looks like you have been having fun as usual. Wish I could be there too.

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

We Need Your Prayers

Many of you have probably heard all ready, but Aaron and I got some devastating news today. Our baby will probably not survive outside the womb. They did an amneostasis this afternoon to test for chromasomal defects, which is what they think it is right now. I know I am spelling everything wrong so I hope what I write makes enough sense for everyone to understand what is going on. The specialist we went to see feels that it is triploidy or triamias 18. Those may not be the right names but they are two of the three chromasomal defects. The other is down's syndrome. He did not feel that it was down's. The other two defects are fatal so if we carry the baby to term it will not live but for a few days or hours if one of the defects above is the problem. We will know in 2days. If it is not one of those then we will have to go to a cardiologist and a genetic counselor. The baby had clubbed hands and feel and it's heart is not formed correctly and is not in the right place. Becau...