Skip to main content

If God Doesn't Live in Colorado, I'll bet that's where he spends most of his time

Humming birds at the Fletcher Ranch
 What a great vacation. We saw so many people and got to go to so many beautiful places and the weather was just perfect. Everytime we go back to Colorado I remember how much I love being outside all day, every day. We celebrated Great Grandpa Fletcher's 80th birthday, saw family from Alaska we hadn't seen since we got married, celebrate Grams and Amber's birthday's, spent the day in Ouray with the Bavors, helped Aaron's mom move into her new place, celebrated Brad's birthday, went to Homestead Park in Colorado Springs, drove up to Mt. Princeton Hot Springs, and attended my family reunion in South Fork. The reunion ended with a proposal for one of my cousins. She's getting married in December and we are all super excited for her. Maddy did amazing with walking and got so much stronger playing and running around in the outdoors. The camp we were at for my family reunion had a creek close by so the kids go to play in that a couple of days. We had an early celebration of my grandpa's 90th birthday up there as well. South Fork was a place we went through quite often growing up so it felt really good to get to spend some time there again. I miss southwestern Colorado. On the drive back, we got to caravan and carpool with several cousins, so that made the long trip so much more enjoyable than usual. Also, we didn't have any car problems this time so that made the trip easier as well. We really enjoyed our time  and can't wait to go back. There's no place like home!
Cake! For Grandpa Fletcher's 80th.

Feeding the cows corn husks


Montrose County Fair. Maddy and Kodi eating Fun Dip

Trenton showing his goat

Bavors, Maddy, and Aaron

Amber's Birthday

Swimming!

Hike at Homestead Park

Chalk cliffs at the base of Mount Princeton

Lodge at Beaver Creek Youth Camp at South Fork

This girl is taking off!



Wading in the creek




Maddy with Great Grandma and Grandpa Eckstein

The happy couple!

Comments

bee said…
Can't believe another reunion is history. So much fun! Can't wait for the next one.
Brandon E. said…
Whoo hoo Maddy. Looks like she is ready for the Olympics. Proud of her.

Whoo hoo Tricia! That was a surprise for me. I did not know you had a serious relationship.

I have been trying to use Google reader for blogs and stuff I am reading. I added your craft blog. Amanda did etsy for a while and sold a few things.

Holly I love the mountains too. But if I lived there all the time I probably wouldn't appreciate it as much.

I forgot to share the link for my little trip video I put together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkk1tWDbpB8

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

Birthing Class Finale/Shower

We had a busy weekend! Saturday we finished up our birthing class and learned lots of new and helpful information. We were there for 7 hours this time. The class was very good but I was so ready to stop sitting for a little bit at the end. I think both of us feel glad we went but also just completely bombarded with information that it's going to take a little bit to process. Guess that's what happens when you try to learn everything in two days. At the end of our class our teacher came up to us and suggested that we contact one of her friends that is a Doula. For those of you who don't know (I didn't know what this was before I took this class) a doula is like a birthing coach that helps you through the labor process. A lot of people that want to have a natural labor (no pain meds, etc.) us a doula. I had never thought I would be interested in this. In fact, up to the moment that the teacher suggested this lady, it wasn't even an option in my mind. We had shared a l...