Skip to main content

Uhpra's Gallery and Museum

This week, Maddy got obsessed about taking a trip to a museum. She kept talking about how she was going to go the museum with her cousin Bethany but it would be a museum where they wouldn't have to be quiet. They could yell if they wanted. Finally, I suggested that she make her own museum in the upstairs bedroom, formerly known as "Tammy's Room".
Maddy spent all of Friday evening and all day Saturday getting her art gallery and museum ready. She informed us that when she was in her gallery her name was "Uhpra". (At least this is the closest we could come to understanding what she was saying.)
We invited Tammy to come and Maddy prepared snacks for her opening. Her choices were: goldfish, peanut butter, and some old, dessicated freeze dried baby fruit snacks.


We invited Tammy to come for opening night of the gallery. Maddy gave everyone the big tour, explaining all her pictures, what they were, where she made them, what they were about. Unfortunately we found out the video camera battery was dead so didn't get any video of the event. :(






I love how all the pictures were hung at kid level. She also included a display of her stuffed animals.








Here she is handing Tammy and Aaron their gallery guides. She got all of her ideas from going to Tammy's art show at DBU a couple of weeks previously. She is one observant little kid. Does not miss out on even the smallest details. I was her assistant or, as she called me, "a giver". This meant that I got to help pass out snack but I wasn't allowed to eat anything.

Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the show. We had some friends over for lunch on Sunday so Maddy got to give the gallery tour again. I am curious to see if/when Uhpra will create a new exhibit.

Comments

Sara Funk said…
Wow! What a smart little cookie! That is amazing! Sounds like a fun family evening!
Anonymous said…
I LOVE this. She is too funny.
brittany
bee said…
I wish I could have been there for the grand opening. She has quite an exhibit. Next she'll be charging an admission fee. : )

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

Birthing Class Finale/Shower

We had a busy weekend! Saturday we finished up our birthing class and learned lots of new and helpful information. We were there for 7 hours this time. The class was very good but I was so ready to stop sitting for a little bit at the end. I think both of us feel glad we went but also just completely bombarded with information that it's going to take a little bit to process. Guess that's what happens when you try to learn everything in two days. At the end of our class our teacher came up to us and suggested that we contact one of her friends that is a Doula. For those of you who don't know (I didn't know what this was before I took this class) a doula is like a birthing coach that helps you through the labor process. A lot of people that want to have a natural labor (no pain meds, etc.) us a doula. I had never thought I would be interested in this. In fact, up to the moment that the teacher suggested this lady, it wasn't even an option in my mind. We had shared a l...