Skip to main content

Kelsay's 1st Birthday

 We had so much fun celebrating Kelsay's #1! We were going to have her birthday party on the 7th, but with Gram's funeral, we had to move it back to Valentine's day. The Halls, Tammy, and Rachel joined us for the party.

We had hot dogs, chips and fruit for lunch. We had regular toppings, toppings for chili cheese dogs and toppings for NY dogs which include sauerkraut, sautéed onions and spicy mustard. wasn'tAfter lunch we played outside for a bit and then went in for cake and ice cream. I made the cake from an organic European bakery cake mix from sprouts. Highly recommend. Everyone thought it was extra good. Tam graciously decorated the cake.Kelsay  sure what to think about the cake or the candle with the flame on top, but Maddy was more than happy to blow it out for her. I think Kelsay liked the cake but she,was so tired at that point it was hard to tell. We had to let her have a nap break before opening presents. She got a baby doll and stroller, a baby photo album which I still have to put pictures in, an Elsa dress from Maddy and a book from Rachel.


This is a picture of her in her birthday girl outfit.
She had a great first birthday. There's something about those early birthday years that is so special.

Comments

bee said…
Sounded like a perfect day! I wish I could have been there. You make parties so fun for your family.
Anonymous said…
Looks like it was an awesome day wish I could have been there to celebrate with you guys
Unknown said…
Awe what a cute cake!

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

Birthing Class Finale/Shower

We had a busy weekend! Saturday we finished up our birthing class and learned lots of new and helpful information. We were there for 7 hours this time. The class was very good but I was so ready to stop sitting for a little bit at the end. I think both of us feel glad we went but also just completely bombarded with information that it's going to take a little bit to process. Guess that's what happens when you try to learn everything in two days. At the end of our class our teacher came up to us and suggested that we contact one of her friends that is a Doula. For those of you who don't know (I didn't know what this was before I took this class) a doula is like a birthing coach that helps you through the labor process. A lot of people that want to have a natural labor (no pain meds, etc.) us a doula. I had never thought I would be interested in this. In fact, up to the moment that the teacher suggested this lady, it wasn't even an option in my mind. We had shared a l...