Skip to main content

Fall in Divide

It has been a beautiful fall in this area.

We have been enjoying the fall colors for about a month now. We've been up to Cripple Creek/Victor several times. We also have an aspen grove behind our house that has been gorgeous. We've had terrible wind today and that grove is almost bare. I think all the trees will be bare soon.







These pictures are from a hike that Kelsay and I did with my parents a couple of weeks ago. We hiked to Horse Thief Falls. Kelsay still talks about hiking to the waterfall. She did great on the hike. It was a very steep trail and she hiked a good bit of it. After the hike we went to the Fortune Club (and old milkshake fav during the Aspen Wilderness years) and got burgers for lunch. Aaron and I took the girls for milkshakes today because Maddy had the day off from school. The lady there said her daughter and son-in-law bought the Fortune Club in May. For those of you who remember, it used to be a shabby little store with people with bandaids all over their fingers making the milkshakes. It is a really nice little restaurant now and they have a bar in the back that is separate from the restaurant.






Aaron was gone for work all week last week. The weather was perfect so the girls and I picnicked on the property a couple of times after school. We don't have aspens on our property but  it can't be beat for pine needle and grass smells and warm sunshine.



Maddy got a half day on Friday so we had a picnic at Garden of the Gods. We were going to hike but it started raining so we didn't go very far.
Rainbow south of our house after rain on Friday.
Saturday we got to enjoy the views while building a fence for Houdini. Thanks to our great fencing crew we got it all done and will go get him in a couple weeks.


Maddy made the doghouse (already here when we got the place) into a dress up boutique.
 We walked around the mine trail at Victor today. We did not do as much as we would have liked because everyone got super tired of the wind. The kids liked the mine stuff though.



It's been so nice to have real fall instead of a slow decline from melting to less melting to maybe I  actually will venture outside now.

On another note: I need suggestions for a new blog name. Thriving in the Metroplex doesn't really fit anymore.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Looks gorgeous! We've been having a little bit of Fall weather too, but no leaves changing or anything. I'm slightly sicked out by the image of milkshake workers with bandaids all over their hands preparing a milkshake. Blog name? Here we go:
- You fletcher bottom dollar
- Holly's Happenings
- The Fletcher Fix
- Holorado Times
- Holly's Headlines
- Mountain Missive

Brittany
bee said…
You are so blessed to have these views so close by. I love being a part of some of your adventures. Your blog name before was about "surviving" in the big metroplex of DFW. Maybe your blog title should suggest that you "living" sort of like "living the dream". :)

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

Birthing Class Finale/Shower

We had a busy weekend! Saturday we finished up our birthing class and learned lots of new and helpful information. We were there for 7 hours this time. The class was very good but I was so ready to stop sitting for a little bit at the end. I think both of us feel glad we went but also just completely bombarded with information that it's going to take a little bit to process. Guess that's what happens when you try to learn everything in two days. At the end of our class our teacher came up to us and suggested that we contact one of her friends that is a Doula. For those of you who don't know (I didn't know what this was before I took this class) a doula is like a birthing coach that helps you through the labor process. A lot of people that want to have a natural labor (no pain meds, etc.) us a doula. I had never thought I would be interested in this. In fact, up to the moment that the teacher suggested this lady, it wasn't even an option in my mind. We had shared a l...