Skip to main content

The Dog That Was Lost Has Now Been Found


Brandon and Amanda were here this weekend and it was a great weekend. I forgot my camera for everything we did but I think they got some good pictures so maybe they will share. The only dampers on the weekend were that our washer decided to leak and soak the carpet downstairs and a dog I was taking care of for Rachel ran away.
Rachel has been taking care of this dog for weeks for one of her friends. He can't have the dog where he's staying right now and he is looking for someone to take it or waiting til he can find a place he can have the dog. Not sure which. Anyhow, her dishwasher backed up and she's not supposed to have the dog in her apartment. Plus it was getting on her nerves cause he'd chewed up the arm of her couch and done some other things. So I told her she should bring him over here. That way he could be with other dogs and wouldn't have to be stuck in her apartment all day getting himself into trouble. So she brought him over on Friday night. Well our dogs did not get along that great at first but we threw them all in the backyard while we were eating. When Rachel started to leave she saw that this dog, named Scoop, was running around in the front of our house. Our fence does have some holes that a small dog could get out of so we decided that we'd put some trash cans or something in front of the gaps the next morning so he couldn't get out. Well, morning came and neither Aaron or I thought about him getting out the night before. We threw all the dogs in the yard to potty and eat. Well it got really quite outside and that finally registered so Aaron went to check and Scoop was gone. We walked all over and drove all over but no Scoop. We were supposed to meet Rachel at her apartment so we finally ha
d to leave. I emailed our neighborhood association and Aaron put a lost and found posting on Craigs list. We didn't hear anything all day. Sunday morning came and no word on the dog. I was really starting to get worried and upset at myself by then. Rachel did not tell her friend his dog was missing hoping that maybe he'd be at the pound on Monday morning and we could get him back. All Sunday afternoon went by and no leads. Finally on the way to small group a lady that had seen my email called and said they'd seen a dog of Scoop's description running around in the yard right across the street from our house around noon. My hopes started to soar. When we got back from small group some neighbor kids had come by and said they thought they had the dog. Sure enough it was him. Talk about thankful! I don't think I have ever been so glad to see a dog in my life. I had prayed and prayed for this dog to come back and had our small group pray about it even though it seems like a silly thing to pray about. But God answered prayers and got this little dog home. I don't know how much longer we'll keep him, but he will not go outside unattended as long as he's here.
Side note: I don't mind watching people's dogs at all but I am starting to question the wisdom of them trusting me with their pets. Example: When we had Bambina she got out of the fence where a board was broken and I came home and let the dogs in. I did not realize Bambina was gone until 2 HOURS LATER. She is a pretty hard dog not to notice that she's not there.

Comments

Chrissy Cross said…
I will remember you guys next time I want to get rid of a dog. :)
Anonymous said…
Holly, THANK YOU so much for your concern for the doggie! I am sorry to put you through so much emotional distress! As much headache as the dog has caused, I was still super relieved that he turned up!--Rachel
Anonymous said…
THANK goodness you found him! I would be a wreck! I am inconsolable when Lilly or Jack runs away. And it's not silly to pray about that.
brittanyjoyner
MadeByAmanda said…
At least now you have a picture, so if he runs away again, you'll be able to make flyers. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

Birthing Class Finale/Shower

We had a busy weekend! Saturday we finished up our birthing class and learned lots of new and helpful information. We were there for 7 hours this time. The class was very good but I was so ready to stop sitting for a little bit at the end. I think both of us feel glad we went but also just completely bombarded with information that it's going to take a little bit to process. Guess that's what happens when you try to learn everything in two days. At the end of our class our teacher came up to us and suggested that we contact one of her friends that is a Doula. For those of you who don't know (I didn't know what this was before I took this class) a doula is like a birthing coach that helps you through the labor process. A lot of people that want to have a natural labor (no pain meds, etc.) us a doula. I had never thought I would be interested in this. In fact, up to the moment that the teacher suggested this lady, it wasn't even an option in my mind. We had shared a l...