Skip to main content

Puppy 3 week pics


This puppy started out on Aaron's stomach and worked it's way up to his ear. It decided to try out his ear and his hair to see if they were edible.

See the pretty eyes!

Comfy in the puppy pile.


So I'm a little obsessive this time about documenting the puppies lives, but since this is the last time it is kind of fun. At least the last time until we get a barn. Their eyes started opening the day after I posted the last pictures. It is funny to watch because some of them will have about a day where one eye is open and the other is still shut. They look like little pirates or something. Apparently when Aaron went downstairs this morning they had all gotten out of the puppy bed and were laying on a piece of the blanket that was draped over onto the floor. Just sleeping thank goodness! They don't have teeth yet so they can't run around and chew stuff up quite yet. The biggest puppy has been working his way out all week long, so we're going to have to go meet up with Rachel and get our dog pen back.
Yesterday we went to Lewisville Western Days with Tricia and a couple of her friends. Thank goodness it was free because it was not impressive. They had some booths with people selling junk, a parade, and some concerts. It was very hot. I learned that the new style in Western wear for women is that you wear super short cutoff jean shorts and a tank top with cowboy boots. Preferably your shorts are so short that it looks like you forgot to put your pants on before you came to hang out with all your other friends who look like they forgot to put their pants on. Very interesting. I saw a ton of people dressed like this so I guess it is the in thing for cowgirls right now. I also saw a guy with a catfish tattooed on the back of his shoulder. Guess he looooves catfish. Everyone at the concert was smoking so I had to go find a remote spot. Tricia was nice enough to keep me company. I hate cigarette smoke but I normally wouldn't leave because of it, but I guess being pregnant has put that on my negative radar to a much higher degree of irritation.
After we got done spending the afternoon there we went to a bbq place called Sugar Baby's. Yum! Their potato salad was made from scratch and so good. The bbq was really tasty too. It was very cheap. You could get a sandwich, drink, and side for $3.99. This was the "kid's meal". I couldn't even eat all of mine. After that we helped Tricia move some thing from her apartment to our house since she is moving this week. We may help her with moving some stuff again today. I'm not sure. Regardless, I think she'll be bringing another load or two of boxes for us to keep til she can get them down to her new place.
Not much else has happened this week. I have a test on Monday and had an online test on Friday, so I've been very busy with school. I got five pages done on my paper that is due in Oct. That is half of what I need so I am feeling really good about where I am on everything right now. I feel like I can take a little break this weekend.
We finally bought apple cider today. I haven't had any yet, but I will this evening. Yum!

Comments

Chrissy Cross said…
Smells are the worst when you are pregnant!! I find myself gagging at many things that are normally stinky, but when pregnant are absolutely unbearable.
Brittany said…
Those puppies are so dadgum adorable! Don't stop with the pics!
Anonymous said…
The tacky "cowgirl" attire seems to be the required uniform at the Big Texan Steakhouse in Amarillo too. I can't seem to understand it myself, but then again I am not into fashion of any kind. Mmmmmm...Barbecue....I'm hungry right now....

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

Birthing Class Finale/Shower

We had a busy weekend! Saturday we finished up our birthing class and learned lots of new and helpful information. We were there for 7 hours this time. The class was very good but I was so ready to stop sitting for a little bit at the end. I think both of us feel glad we went but also just completely bombarded with information that it's going to take a little bit to process. Guess that's what happens when you try to learn everything in two days. At the end of our class our teacher came up to us and suggested that we contact one of her friends that is a Doula. For those of you who don't know (I didn't know what this was before I took this class) a doula is like a birthing coach that helps you through the labor process. A lot of people that want to have a natural labor (no pain meds, etc.) us a doula. I had never thought I would be interested in this. In fact, up to the moment that the teacher suggested this lady, it wasn't even an option in my mind. We had shared a l...