Skip to main content

Absolutely!

We did it!
The happy groom
Maddy at the wedding ceremony
Mom and Tam with the bride cowboy :)
The three sisters, ready for sister number 4 to join the family.
My beautiful sisters.

Maddy loves flowers right now. Every time she sees real, fake, pictures of flowers, anything closely resembling a flower she says "Lowers! Lowers!" over and over again. She eventually shredded the one she's holding in the picture.
Ethan and Jenna at the rehearsal dinner.
Uncle EJ reading to Maddy at our hotel in Abilene.
Watching the news. We hardly ever turn on the tv at our house so when it is on Maddy is fascinated by whatever it is no matter how boring.
A tired baby who wouldn't take a nap.
This baby loves her dog. She is giving Houdini a kiss. Ick! Our dogs are dirty from being outside so much so we've decided that maybe they'll go to the groomer soon. We need to get them shaved for their sakes since it's so hot here right now.
Playing downstairs where it's nice and cool in the afternoons.
Maddy's new nap spot. She refuses to nap in her crib. She will only take a nap in boppy on the floor.

This weekend my little brother got married to a great girl named Jenna Carson. I'm looking forward to getting to know my new sister-in-law in the coming years. They had an absolutely beautiful wedding and Jenna was a gorgeous bride. It was outside so it was pretty hot during the ceremony but the whole wedding was so fun. Jenna is a dancer so they had a dance after the wedding. Our family is definitely not a dancing family but we had fun watching and attempting a couple of slow dances while looking like idiots. It was a great weekend to catch up with family and spend time with my sisters getting ready for the rehearsal dinner and for the wedding since we all had the honor of being Jenna's bridesmaids. It was also fun to get to meet Jenna's friends and family. My brother is blessed with some great in-laws. This wedding was really meaningful and kind of nostalgic because Aaron and I celebrated our 7th anniversary two days after Ethan and Jenna got married. The whole wedding just made us think about when we were going through all the wedding craziness 7 years ago and how excited we were to be starting life together. When the preacher asked Ethan if he would take Jenna in marriage at the beginning of the ceremony he gave everyone a little laugh by replying "Absolutely!". And that would be what I would have to say about our marriage if asked if I'd do it all over again. Absolutely! and I wouldn't change a thing. It has been a crazy ride at times, but a good one and I'm so glad that I have been through all the ups and downs with my best friend.

Comments

Chrissy Cross said…
Loved getting to hold your precious girl! It was great seeing you and Aaron too, :) Got my stuff from gpa, I had forgotten about it. LOL!
bee said…
This was one fun weekend. I did not hear the "absolutely" reply. It was difficult to hear everything with the cooling towers. Thanks for putting up all the pics. Can't wait to see more.
Blabber said…
Loved all the pics! Now to start packing for your trip out here! Yay!
Anonymous said…
Great pictures! Great post! Thanks!
Brittany
Sara Funk said…
Maddy is looking like such a little girl! She is adorable. I love the pigtails that you put in her hair a lot!
Anonymous said…
Very good sharing this.

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

Birthing Class Finale/Shower

We had a busy weekend! Saturday we finished up our birthing class and learned lots of new and helpful information. We were there for 7 hours this time. The class was very good but I was so ready to stop sitting for a little bit at the end. I think both of us feel glad we went but also just completely bombarded with information that it's going to take a little bit to process. Guess that's what happens when you try to learn everything in two days. At the end of our class our teacher came up to us and suggested that we contact one of her friends that is a Doula. For those of you who don't know (I didn't know what this was before I took this class) a doula is like a birthing coach that helps you through the labor process. A lot of people that want to have a natural labor (no pain meds, etc.) us a doula. I had never thought I would be interested in this. In fact, up to the moment that the teacher suggested this lady, it wasn't even an option in my mind. We had shared a l...