Skip to main content

Maddy on the Move

Squash by the end of the week?

Can't wait for this big boy to turn red and juicy!The jungle in our backyard that we like to call a garden.
Maddy with a few of her favorite things: dag, dog, and pool.

Miss Maddy and our garden have both taken off lately. Over the weekend Maddy learned to push herself up into a sitting position straight off the floor and I saw her attempt a 360 on her tummy last night. We have been playing in the pool almost every day and in some strange way I think that has really help her with her movement and strengthening her muscles. So I've really got to watch her now because she sits up and then scoots away. Needless to say we are all very excited and proud of her for making these steps in her motor skills.
The Memorial day weekend was great. We went down to Temple on Saturday and saw Stephen, Jennifer, and Abriella, along with others of the Joyner clan and met Colby for the first time. He is a cutie. Maddy really enjoyed playing with all the kids. Then Sunday and Monday were very relaxing days for us: church, hanging out in the kiddie pool, walks, grilling, eating too much. Rachel came over last night and it was good to catch up with her.
Aaron started the first day of his June summer biology class today. He said the first day went good. I am so glad I am not taking a class this summer that I can't even begin to convey how glad I am. Hope you all have a relaxing June full of pools, popsicles, and peaceful summer nights on the back porch.

Comments

bee said…
Is Dag her new way of saying Dad? ha We need video of MM on the move.
bee said…
Forgot to say you do have a jungle of a garden. Looks like the fence is about pushed over. Is Houdini in the pool too?
Brittany said…
ah, summer. Totally not into this heat. Maybe we need a kiddie pool in our backyard and it will all be more tolerable. Great seeing you guys this weekend!
texasholls said…
haha. no. I just can't type. Supposed to say Dad. And no houdini is not in the pool. Gross and the dogs will only drink out of the pool.
Great to see ya'll too Brittany.
Blabber said…
I hope y'all can get maddy doing this on video! I'm so jealous of your garden! It's huge!
Chrissy Cross said…
I want to see that girl!
Brandon E. said…
So jealous of your garden. We are just now setting out tomatoes. A. did buy a big one that already has little tomatoes on it. Ready for the heat?

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

Birthing Class Finale/Shower

We had a busy weekend! Saturday we finished up our birthing class and learned lots of new and helpful information. We were there for 7 hours this time. The class was very good but I was so ready to stop sitting for a little bit at the end. I think both of us feel glad we went but also just completely bombarded with information that it's going to take a little bit to process. Guess that's what happens when you try to learn everything in two days. At the end of our class our teacher came up to us and suggested that we contact one of her friends that is a Doula. For those of you who don't know (I didn't know what this was before I took this class) a doula is like a birthing coach that helps you through the labor process. A lot of people that want to have a natural labor (no pain meds, etc.) us a doula. I had never thought I would be interested in this. In fact, up to the moment that the teacher suggested this lady, it wasn't even an option in my mind. We had shared a l...