Skip to main content

crazy busy busy crazies

Whew! Where to start........we went blueberry picking in Brownsboro, TX today. It is over in the Tyler area so about a 2 hour drive. We went with some of our friends from church. I picked maybe a quart of blueberries. The first row I only filled a scanty half bucket. Then I found three jackpot bushes to fill the rest of my basket up. They were $7 which I felt was a little over priced after I did all that work, but I did all that work so....I paid it. I will make a yummy blueberry scone soon.
Maddy was a big blueberry fan. This is not a very good picture of her but you can see the blueberry on her face.
My basket full of blueberries.
The big event of the week is that Maddy got her wheeled stander from Scottish Rite on Friday. At first she did not know what she though about it. She cried quite a bit but we got her all fitted and she got some new tennies even. They are size 4. When you get to see her wearing them you will laugh. She looks like a miniature Clydesdale. She is just now fitting into a size 2 but the size 4 is what fits over her AFO and she really needs that to practice standing. So big foot is on the loose at our place. :)

This is the second day of the stander. She did much better at home just as I suspected. She didn't learn how to move it around but she did a good job of being happy standing for quite a while. The pic below is at Scottish Rite. I'm reading her her favorite book--"Dr. Suess' ABC". It did a good job of distracting her.

Maddy and Tricia admiring her tennies in the mirror. Tric came with us because I thought that she would enjoy seeing Maddy getting fitted since she is looking into PT stuff. Plus we headed to the Galaxy Drive in in Ennis to watch Karate Kid afterwards and we had dinner with one of Aaron's coworkers who lives out in the country close to Ennis. A great but tiring evening. We all slept in really late the next day.
Other news is that we have our house on the market right now. Our house is not a good or safe house for a wheeled stander. I think the housing market is crappy right now so I don't know that our realtor expects much to happen. However, I am praying and ask all of you to pray that God will provide a buyer during the three weeks we are away for vacation so that we can start working on getting Maddy into a place that is accessible and safe for her. It seems like a lot but nothing is impossible with God. I feel like this is the time for something to happen but I know that it will happen in God's timing so I'm trying to trust his plan and cope with the set up we have now, for now.
This is our new stove and the knobs we put on the counters. It took us two hours and 4 Wal-Marts to collect enough of the same kind to put on all the cabinets. Don't ever use Wal-Mart to do a home improvement job unless you need a very small amount of something. Below is a link to the MLS listing for our house if anyone is interested.
http://ntreislistings.marketlinx.com/SearchDetail/Scripts/PrtBuyFul/PrtBuyFul.asp?emailGUID=8469c4a7-f1d2-45f1-b89e-56482bd92055&AgentId=0284375

Third time in the wheeled stander and she's got it down!

Comments

bee said…
This awesome!!!! I think Maddy will be zooming along soon! The blueberry picking looked very fun and tasty.
Blabber said…
I love the video! Your house looks really nice. Hope it sells!
texasholls said…
Wow!! I threw some of the blueberries on my cereal and they are amazing....much sweeter than ones we've bought.
Love ya,
Aaron
whata precious video, holly! thx for hsaring, and i will aboslutely be praying for the house to sell. love what you said, and it's sooooo true that nothing it too big or impossible for Him!!!
Brittany said…
mmm, I want some! Will be praying for you guys.

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

Birthing Class Finale/Shower

We had a busy weekend! Saturday we finished up our birthing class and learned lots of new and helpful information. We were there for 7 hours this time. The class was very good but I was so ready to stop sitting for a little bit at the end. I think both of us feel glad we went but also just completely bombarded with information that it's going to take a little bit to process. Guess that's what happens when you try to learn everything in two days. At the end of our class our teacher came up to us and suggested that we contact one of her friends that is a Doula. For those of you who don't know (I didn't know what this was before I took this class) a doula is like a birthing coach that helps you through the labor process. A lot of people that want to have a natural labor (no pain meds, etc.) us a doula. I had never thought I would be interested in this. In fact, up to the moment that the teacher suggested this lady, it wasn't even an option in my mind. We had shared a l...