Skip to main content

Fab 4th!

We had a great and fun filled 4th weekend. On Friday night some of Aaron's students came over to play games and have snacks. On Saturday Aaron, Tricia, Maddy and I went to see the Kaboom Town fireworks display in Addison. It was probably the best fireworks show I've ever been to. We got there about 5:30 planning to eat a picnic lunch in the park. Well it decided to rain on us. Aaron, Maddy, and I got soaked before we made it back to the parking garage. We ate our picnic on blankets in the parking garage and played Yatzee and Phase 10 until it stopped raining. Then we went to the park and found a spot to watch the fireworks. It was so nice outside. I was cold. I had to borrow a sweater from Tricia. Bet there won't be 4th like that in Dallas again for a long time. On Sunday our church had a picnic lunch in the basement. Dickies BBQ was catered and then everyone brought cookies and ice cream. Tricia, Rachel, and Georgia joined us for that. Maddy and Georgia had fun playing together. Yesterday we grilled here at the house. We had beer can chicken, potato salad, baked beans, biscuits, and fruit topped of with some homemade non-dairy mint chocolate chip ice cream. It was a little on the minty side but the texture was fabulous. I think I'll try to make it again sometime with less mint flavor than the recipe calls for.
Maddy and Georgia at the church picnic. Maddy is wearing Georgia's necklace.

Maddy loved the fireworks. She kept telling me over and over "dights! dights! (lights)". So cute.

Maddy cheering for the fireworks. We were saying "Hooray!"
Maddy "walking" on the grass with Tricia. She loved how the grass felt on her feet.
"YOU! Have a happy 4th!"
Our birdbath we finally got. We are planning to put our house on the market while we are gone to Colorado so have been doing quite a bit to get ready for that. More about that in another post.
Do you recognize these dogs? Yep they are our's believe it or not. It is amazing what a trip to the groomer can do.
Maddy brushing her teeth
Dada playing dollhouse with Maddy. Incredibly cute!
Cute sleeping. She is cuddling with a purple boa.


Fruit tart I made for the game night. I thought I did pretty good.

Maddy went to the pediatrician yesterday and got her 15 month check up and shots. Hard not to feel depressed after seeing him. I always feel that he is so negative. Maddy was 14 lb 9 oz and 27.5 inches long. She is still itty bitty but still growing and she always checks out healthy so that is a blessing. Also another blessing is that he thought her right ear (the one the tube fell out of) look clear of fluid! Hopefully we get the same report next week when we see the ENT but that is a praise God and we'll just keep praying that it stays cleared up.

Comments

Blabber said…
Great pictures! It rained like crazy here too! Looks like ya'll are having lots of fun!
bee said…
Maddy looks so tiny with Tricia walking in the grass. But she is growing! Great 4th for you guys.
Jessica said…
I love the pictures! Sounds like a really fun 4th!
Brandon E. said…
Wow, cool + rain on the 4th in Dallas! You are right- won't happen again for a long time. It was cool and windy here on the 4th. We went to Clovis, and the show was delayed about 45 minutes because it was too breezy. So it was a late night getting home.
Anonymous said…
Sounds like a lot of fun!! Jealous! Glad to hear about the ear. And I am AMAZED at your dogs! Maybe I should take Lilly in...
Brittany

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

Birthing Class Finale/Shower

We had a busy weekend! Saturday we finished up our birthing class and learned lots of new and helpful information. We were there for 7 hours this time. The class was very good but I was so ready to stop sitting for a little bit at the end. I think both of us feel glad we went but also just completely bombarded with information that it's going to take a little bit to process. Guess that's what happens when you try to learn everything in two days. At the end of our class our teacher came up to us and suggested that we contact one of her friends that is a Doula. For those of you who don't know (I didn't know what this was before I took this class) a doula is like a birthing coach that helps you through the labor process. A lot of people that want to have a natural labor (no pain meds, etc.) us a doula. I had never thought I would be interested in this. In fact, up to the moment that the teacher suggested this lady, it wasn't even an option in my mind. We had shared a l...