Skip to main content

Camper Week part 2

 On Tuesday, a couple of Aaron's Bios analysts flew in for "team building". I'm not sure if it was team building or hazing. They had to go everywhere with our kids and listen to them cry and whine and one of them had to sleep in a tent and freeze all night long.
 On Wednesday, we went to Cripple Creek and Victor. We ate lunch in Cripple Creek and stopped for ice cream at the Fortune Club in Victor where we used to get shakes during family reunions when I was a kid.

 Cute bench in Victor.
We went back to the fossil beds and then back to the camper for a hot dog cookout. We let the kids swim in the stock tank. They had a great time but got cold pretty quick. Kelsay was chattering but refused to get out. I had to sneak up on her to get her out.



On Thursday we visited the ranch and went to Garden of the Gods. We ate lunch at the trading post. Maddy decided she just had to spend her money on a bucket of mining rough to put through the sluice. She had buyer's remorse afterwards but Kelsay got a kick out of it.
We enjoyed our last weekend on the property. Beautiful sunsets, gorgeous wildflowers and peaceful evenings.


Fossil? It looks like maybe a leaf? It is in our driveway up to the camper. Maybe we just looked at too many fossils the past week.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a great time! Love hearing about your adventures in CO. I'm sure it's hard to come back, but what great memories you've made.
brittany
bee said…
I miss you being in WP. It did not seem that you were a million miles away when you were there. I love the pics and the memories they bring. I know this will be a vacation to remember in years to come. So much fun and such a beautiful place to spend time.

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

We Need Your Prayers

Many of you have probably heard all ready, but Aaron and I got some devastating news today. Our baby will probably not survive outside the womb. They did an amneostasis this afternoon to test for chromasomal defects, which is what they think it is right now. I know I am spelling everything wrong so I hope what I write makes enough sense for everyone to understand what is going on. The specialist we went to see feels that it is triploidy or triamias 18. Those may not be the right names but they are two of the three chromasomal defects. The other is down's syndrome. He did not feel that it was down's. The other two defects are fatal so if we carry the baby to term it will not live but for a few days or hours if one of the defects above is the problem. We will know in 2days. If it is not one of those then we will have to go to a cardiologist and a genetic counselor. The baby had clubbed hands and feel and it's heart is not formed correctly and is not in the right place. Becau...