Skip to main content

Building update

Terrible pic, but as you can see, the roof is going up! Yay! Hopefully it will be dried in before snow flies. All the rooms are framed out so you can go in the house and kind of walk through all the rooms and see how it's going to flow. We are supposed to get a fireplace picked out ASAP. You can now kind of see the house from the road. It is a weird feeling. It still doesn't seem real to me. I think next steps will be bringing in main electric and water lines and gas lines. They have to excavate for all that. We will go through at some point with an electrician and plan our lighting. There are certain things that go in according to code and then we can add extras such as recessed lighting in the kitchen or things like that. I am not sure what all we will do extra. That can bump the cost up pretty quick. I think that I would like to get some special recessed lighting around the fireplace and built in bookshelves to display some art and the will probably do a bit extra in the kitchen. WE'll see what the budget says though.

Comments

Anonymous said…
SOOOOO exciting! It's looking great!
brittany
bee said…
It is so cool how a house starts coming together. When they just had it sort of staked out, I thought there was no way 2 cars would fit in the garage. Now that space looks really big. How fun for the girls to get to walk through all the rooms before they are built in and see what it's like and compare to before and after. They can do lots of pretending right now and use their imaginations.

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

Birthing Class Finale/Shower

We had a busy weekend! Saturday we finished up our birthing class and learned lots of new and helpful information. We were there for 7 hours this time. The class was very good but I was so ready to stop sitting for a little bit at the end. I think both of us feel glad we went but also just completely bombarded with information that it's going to take a little bit to process. Guess that's what happens when you try to learn everything in two days. At the end of our class our teacher came up to us and suggested that we contact one of her friends that is a Doula. For those of you who don't know (I didn't know what this was before I took this class) a doula is like a birthing coach that helps you through the labor process. A lot of people that want to have a natural labor (no pain meds, etc.) us a doula. I had never thought I would be interested in this. In fact, up to the moment that the teacher suggested this lady, it wasn't even an option in my mind. We had shared a l...