Skip to main content

Crazy Times

We closed on the house on Sir Richard Drive on Friday.  We thought it wasn't going to happen because HUD was last getting their paperwork in. We signed our portion in the morning and then at 4:45 in the afternoon we got the call that everything was good to go and we could go start working on the house. We came up with Aaron's cousin-in-law, Matt and made a list of stuff to get to start work on Saturday morning. We then went and had some yummy Mike's BBQ for dinner.
Saturday we started at 9 a.m. We ripped out carpet and padding, ripped out linoleum, did clean up and painted all the floors with kilz to get rid of the cat pee odor. We also primered walls with odor killing primer. On Sunday we painted all day long. I hate painting so that was they day I just about lost my mind. On Monday we finished up painting (touch ups and painted the laundry area) and worked on the bathrooms and replacing faucets, cleaning, etc. We decided to take out the shower in the master bath and replace it. It was just too gross to salvage.
The people are here to lay linoleum and carpet padding today. They will do carpet tomorrow and then we can move in, just in time to leave for a week to go to Dallas for Maddy's surgery. But I am so thankful that we will be able to bring her back to a house with beds after surgery instead of the camper. I did not want to have to deal with a cast in the camper. Plus she will just be more comfortable. We had our POD delivered today so it is possible that by tomorrow I could have my own place to do laundry again. Can't wait!!!
I will add pics of work and all the stuff with the house to this blog later so stay tuned!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am so so so excited for you guys! Praying for Maddy's surgery. What a blessing to have a home (even if temporary)!
brittany
bee said…
Waiting for pics. Actually I can't wait to go out and see the finished jobs.

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

Birthing Class Finale/Shower

We had a busy weekend! Saturday we finished up our birthing class and learned lots of new and helpful information. We were there for 7 hours this time. The class was very good but I was so ready to stop sitting for a little bit at the end. I think both of us feel glad we went but also just completely bombarded with information that it's going to take a little bit to process. Guess that's what happens when you try to learn everything in two days. At the end of our class our teacher came up to us and suggested that we contact one of her friends that is a Doula. For those of you who don't know (I didn't know what this was before I took this class) a doula is like a birthing coach that helps you through the labor process. A lot of people that want to have a natural labor (no pain meds, etc.) us a doula. I had never thought I would be interested in this. In fact, up to the moment that the teacher suggested this lady, it wasn't even an option in my mind. We had shared a l...