Skip to main content

Sir Richard

 So busy doesn't even describe the past few weeks. I will just post about the house for now and then do surgery and family visits and leaf viewing and all that stuff later. We closed on our property in Divide on Sept. 2. I wish I had before pictures but we just tore right into the place before I thought of it. All you need to know is carpet in the master bath and the strong odor of cat pee through the entire house. Believe I've already mentioned this several times.
 We ripped out all flooring. Then we kilzed and primered the floors and walls. We did about 3-4 coats of kilz on the floor as we kept thinking we still smelled some odors, especially in the bedrooms and laundry area. We primered the walls and then painted the living areas and bedrooms Navajo White and the bathrooms plain white. We ripped out the master bath shower and are redoing the panelling on the tub. (Don't ask. Pictures later.)


 We then had carpet and linoleum installed. We spent one night in our house and the took off for Dallas for surgery.



 We had to buy a fridge. Got one from the scratch and dent. The fridge and shower both did not fit. Created a lot of work to get them in. Thankfully we have family on both sides who are very handy.
I am now completely unpacked. I will have to take pics of the house but it is cute. So thankful for a great place to live while waiting for our house to get built! More on that soon too.
My dad put up a shed while we were in Dallas for storage. We now need to repair the deck, finish the tub and shower and put in some kind of  fenced yard so we can get our animals back. Driveway grating and repair also probably needs to happen before snow flies. So the busy season continues.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow! You guys have been busy. My DIY antennae are buzzing at all the home reno stuff you're doing : ) Sounds awesome!
brittany
bee said…
I love it how Kels continues to call this house "the cat pee house". hahaha Ya'll have really done a LOT!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

Birthing Class Finale/Shower

We had a busy weekend! Saturday we finished up our birthing class and learned lots of new and helpful information. We were there for 7 hours this time. The class was very good but I was so ready to stop sitting for a little bit at the end. I think both of us feel glad we went but also just completely bombarded with information that it's going to take a little bit to process. Guess that's what happens when you try to learn everything in two days. At the end of our class our teacher came up to us and suggested that we contact one of her friends that is a Doula. For those of you who don't know (I didn't know what this was before I took this class) a doula is like a birthing coach that helps you through the labor process. A lot of people that want to have a natural labor (no pain meds, etc.) us a doula. I had never thought I would be interested in this. In fact, up to the moment that the teacher suggested this lady, it wasn't even an option in my mind. We had shared a l...