Skip to main content

The Fast and Furious--Labor Day Weekend

We took a flying trip to West Texas this weekend to see great grandparents, grandparents, and other various family members. I had some great pictures of Maddy visiting everyone and pediasure spilled on the camera on the way home. I think the camera is truly toast this time. Ugg! I hope I can get the pictures of my SD card still if I take it to Wal-Mart. If I can I will share those pics in a future post. I took the pics of our visit to the zoo on my camera on my phone. At least I still have that I guess. Maddy sure had a great time visiting and playing with all of her cousins. We got to Farwell at 2a.m. Saturday morning. Later that day, Brandon and Amanda, Mikali, Daniel,Rachel, Aunt Sherry, and later Uncle Weldon all came over to visit. Mikali and Daniel get cuter every time I see them and they are such good kids. They are a blessing to the Embry family. We had a pizza lunch with everyone and hung out and talked and watched the kids most of the day. On Sunday we went to Lubbock to see the other side of the family. It was good for Maddy to have some one on one time with great grandma and grandpa. That evening we went to David and Janet's house for a cookout with them Chrissy and Brian and kids, and Matt and Brittany, and Nat. Maddy played until she just about passed out. Janet had a box of dress up clothes and Maddy loved all the bead necklaces and bracelets. She did not want to wear any of them. She just wanted to line them all up or put them in cups, etc. She was so funny because she got so proud of herself when she got them lined up just how she wanted them. She had a great time playing with Cooper, Kendall, and Clayton too. Clayton loved feeding Maddy Cheetos. Way too cute.
On Monday it was time to go home (already!). We stopped in Abilene to see Ethan and Jenna and go to the zoo with them. Their house is looking so good. Jenna is a great interior decorator. I need her to come give me some tips. :) The zoo was fun but it was roasting outside. Maddy got so hot her arms even started turning red. She loved the animals though, especially all the birds.



Comments

bee said…
I am glad I got to spend our weekend with you guys too. I wish I could have been at the zoo with Ethan and Jenna. That looks like fun even though roasting! Maybe someday. Maddy was CUTE CUTE!!! Maybe I can get some of my pics posted soon and you can get some of those.
Blabber said…
Sounds like a lot of fast and furious fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

Birthing Class Finale/Shower

We had a busy weekend! Saturday we finished up our birthing class and learned lots of new and helpful information. We were there for 7 hours this time. The class was very good but I was so ready to stop sitting for a little bit at the end. I think both of us feel glad we went but also just completely bombarded with information that it's going to take a little bit to process. Guess that's what happens when you try to learn everything in two days. At the end of our class our teacher came up to us and suggested that we contact one of her friends that is a Doula. For those of you who don't know (I didn't know what this was before I took this class) a doula is like a birthing coach that helps you through the labor process. A lot of people that want to have a natural labor (no pain meds, etc.) us a doula. I had never thought I would be interested in this. In fact, up to the moment that the teacher suggested this lady, it wasn't even an option in my mind. We had shared a l...