Skip to main content

Cousin Fest!

This week was cousin fest in Denver. Maddy and I got to go see Bethany and my sister Cindy and my brother in law Brad for a few days. My parents came up yesterday as well so it was a great time. Bethany is a sweet, sweet baby. We didn't do much, but that was fine with me. I've been to busy lately and it was nice to relax and just enjoy some time with the family and with the girls. We went on walks, sat outside in the beautiful autumn weather, watched some Rangers games, and played with babies. It was so neat to see what a great mom my sister is and to know that Bethany has great parents who are going to do the best job they can to take care of her and teach her what she needs to know. I am so excited to see her again in a couple months at Christmas. Here are a few pictures from the trip:


Bethany was amazing at tummy time! This girl is going to be crawling before we know it.


Maddy was showing Bethany where her toes were.
Love the expression on Cindy's face. :)
Bethany's big smile!
Maddy got a dollar and a butterfinger bar from Uncle Brad and would not let go of either.




Comments

texasholls said…
Is maddy crying or yawning in the pic with granna?
Aaron
bee said…
Yawning. haha Dad asked the same thing. These are some awesome pics. I have the cutest granddaughters in the world. Figures since I have the cutest and the most beautiful daughters in the world!

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

Birthing Class Finale/Shower

We had a busy weekend! Saturday we finished up our birthing class and learned lots of new and helpful information. We were there for 7 hours this time. The class was very good but I was so ready to stop sitting for a little bit at the end. I think both of us feel glad we went but also just completely bombarded with information that it's going to take a little bit to process. Guess that's what happens when you try to learn everything in two days. At the end of our class our teacher came up to us and suggested that we contact one of her friends that is a Doula. For those of you who don't know (I didn't know what this was before I took this class) a doula is like a birthing coach that helps you through the labor process. A lot of people that want to have a natural labor (no pain meds, etc.) us a doula. I had never thought I would be interested in this. In fact, up to the moment that the teacher suggested this lady, it wasn't even an option in my mind. We had shared a l...