Skip to main content

Misc. Maddy

Maddy is really getting a personality lately. She just cracks me up over so many things. And Aaron and I are both amazed at her memory. The stuff she remembers is very impressive. She can recite short nursery rhymes like "Ring Around the Rosy" and "Humpty Dumpty". This is a video of her reading a book from the library that she loves. We have checked it out several times. The book is called "Crunch Munch". Most of the stuff I'm writing on here is just so I can remember what Maddy is like right now and the funny things she does and says.

 Maddy is learning how to be a ham for the camera. She is finally getting to the stage where we can tell her to smile and she will do it ...sometimes. She still has her own agenda many times when we try to take pictures.
 It has been hot hot hot here. We have gone to Race Trac a couple of times to get slurpees because they have them on sale right now. On Friday Maddy asked for a blue slurpee for breakfast. I guess she was already hot.
 We continue to swim every day. I taught her how to spray Aaron with the hose. :) She loves doing that. I tried to get her to spray me because it is so hot out there that getting sprayed with the hose feels great but she seemed to feel that spraying mommy was not as fun as spraying daddy.
 I painted Maddy's toenails for the first time last week. She picked out the color and then I painted her toes. After a while she told me she was "All done with orange. Take it off!" I had to explain that toenail polish wears off and you can't just take it off.

Maddy loves going to story time at the library and to Bible class at church. When we ask her what she learned in Bible class she always tells us "Shepherd Boy" (David). They have never talked about David in class that I know of. They have been having lessons about Jesus and Paul so I don't know why she thinks this is what Bible Class is about every week. She does call her little Bible story paper the "Good News". Yesterday she dropped her paper on the floor of the car driving home from church and said, "Uh Oh Good News!"
Maddy is really good at saying please and thank you right now. In fact she thinks please will get her anything she wants if she just says it with enough emphasis. Last night she woke up at 3:30 in the morning (ugg!!!). I think she was thirsty. She was out of water so I went to refill her sippy cup. I guess I was still half asleep because when I went back to bed Aaron told me that when I gave her the water she said, "Thank you, mommy." Tammy took us to Chick Fil A for lunch on Saturday and Maddy got a book with her kids meal. She told Tam thank you several times at the restaurant. Then after her nap that day, she went to the bookshelf and got the book and brought it to Tammy and said, "Thank you, Meme!" I guess she was very thankful for that book.
Maddy loves to sing right now. Song lyrics are one thing that she is not very good at remembering, but she is getting better. She loves God Made the Big Round Sun, Lord's Army, Open, Shut (a song from the library), Itsy Bitsy Spider, and This Little Light of Mine.

 On a different note, I finished painting our family verse this week. I got the supplies for the project several months ago but was too busy to really get going on it until recently. I think it turned out pretty good. I would rather do drawings, paintings, signs, and photos for my home decor myself. Maybe that is snobby but I feel like it has more meaning if I make it and I can have the colors and style that I want instead of just trying to find some decoration I don't really like at a store.
I think I mentioned a few weeks ago that we had Maddy tested for Beals. The genetic screen came back normal, so that has been ruled out.
We leave for vacation to Colorado on Thursday afternoon! Yipee! We are driving to Amarillo and staying in a hotel the first night. Then we'll drive to Colorado Springs on Friday, and then go over the mountain to Montrose on Saturday. In some ways breaking the trip into three days makes it seem even longer, but I think it will be good for Maddy to only have to spend 6-8 hours in the car each day instead of 13. I bought a portable DVD player so she can watch movies in the car this time but I don't think even that would keep her sane for a 13 hour ride. We plan to just do picnicking for meals on the way up so I think that will be fun too as long as it isn't too hot. Speaking of the trip, I guess I need to start packing.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Have fun on your trip! We are praying for you guys to have NO CAR TROUBLE! Can't wait to see you in a few more weeks!

Matt
bee said…
OUTSTANDING!!!! Maddy will have to read to me when she comes. Glad you are writing the blog to keep a record of what she is doing. I know I have forgotten a lot of the things you kids did. Great memories.
Anonymous said…
ahhh! She is so stinkin cute! Can't wait to see you guys at the reunion.
brittany

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building the

Another Sonogram

We went to the high risk pregnancy doc today for another sonogram. This time he could see all four chambers of the heart, the pulmonary valve, etc. In his words it looked "dramatically better". He feels there is still some slight compression on the heart and that we need to continue watching it. As of now he cannot see anything that is causing it and the MRI did not see anything either. He also felt that the hands were okay. They are not clenched fists at least as he first thought, meaning that the fingers aren't overlapping each other. Her hands are still in fists and she won't open them but he said he has had other babies that have not opened their fist in the sonogram but the hands have been normal at birth, so we still have a lot of hope for those little hands. He was able to get a better look at the face today, no cleft palate, so that is a huge blessing. The feet are still concerning. They are definitely clubbed but she is also not moving them. She is moving her

One Year Ago Today

One year ago today we found out we were having a little girl. One year ago today, the OB called us into his office and told us that Maddy was not going to survive. One year ago today God heard the prayers of many friends and family and he started working a miracle. One year ago today I thought I would never see my precious little girl alive. One year ago today I was so shocked I didn't and couldn't feel anything but disbelief. One year ago today, God started planning that today a little girl named Madeline Mae Fletcher would be by my side as I write this, talking and playing with her stuffed cow that Aunt Tammy gave her. One year ago today God set out to prove that he is faithful and he hears his people's prayers and that he still does miracles. Today is bittersweet because one year ago today our dreams and plans we had for our new life with our baby girl were destroyed. But one year ago today God started making a new plan to give us a different dream and a different plan.