Skip to main content

Update

Wanted to let you all know we got the report from the amniocentesis today. All of the chromosomes they looked at on the quick test came back normal. So it's not trisomy 13, trisomy 18, down's, or triploidy. They will get the complete kariotype back next week sometime. So because all these results were negative we will have to go to the cardiologist tomorrow and then to the geneticist on Monday. We'll know more after seeing the cardiologist tomorrow at 11:45, but from what they have been telling us it does not look good. I was a little confused about what I told you all about the heart on Tuesday so I'll explain that again. It is not developing in the wrong place. The problem is that the heart basically only has a left side. So the side that brings air flow to the lungs is not developing. We just ask your continued prayers for wisdom and strength for us as we try to figure out what is going on and what our options are. It may be that another chromosome that hasn't come back yet could still be the problem or it could be a genetic thing, or just something that went wrong that no one can really explain. Thanks so much for all the prayers and support that you've given us already. You don't know how much your phone calls, emails, prayers, visits, etc. have helped us. We really appreciate the love and prayers that have been poured out for us in the last couple of days. Again, I don't know what to ask everyone to pray for but I just ask that you keep praying.

Comments

Ms. Embry said…
I know it has to be tough to have to wait on these answers and keep going to more doctors and do more tests...so I am just praying that you continue to have the strength and faith to get through this time of uncertainty and testing (testing both physically and spiritually!) Love ya'll very much!
Anonymous said…
Holly, thank you for these quick updates. I know it's hard dealing with the unknown. We continue to pray for you, Aaron and your daughter.
Jennifer said…
Thanks for the update. We are praying for all 3 of you. Praying you get positive information from the cardiologist and geneticist. Lots of love to you, Aaron, and your baby girl!

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

We Need Your Prayers

Many of you have probably heard all ready, but Aaron and I got some devastating news today. Our baby will probably not survive outside the womb. They did an amneostasis this afternoon to test for chromasomal defects, which is what they think it is right now. I know I am spelling everything wrong so I hope what I write makes enough sense for everyone to understand what is going on. The specialist we went to see feels that it is triploidy or triamias 18. Those may not be the right names but they are two of the three chromasomal defects. The other is down's syndrome. He did not feel that it was down's. The other two defects are fatal so if we carry the baby to term it will not live but for a few days or hours if one of the defects above is the problem. We will know in 2days. If it is not one of those then we will have to go to a cardiologist and a genetic counselor. The baby had clubbed hands and feel and it's heart is not formed correctly and is not in the right place. Becau...