Skip to main content

Free Rangers


This has been the month of freebies. I've decided it really pays to know high school teachers. We have been to 4 free movies this month and 2 free Ranger's games. I loved going to the ball games. I really miss being able to watch the Rockies at Coors field. That was always so fun. Anyway the Ranger's won both times so that was cool. I got sunburned yesterday so that is not fun. I'm really annoyed about it because I put sunscreen on but I still got burned.
I am so excited for Cindy's wedding in two weeks. I can't wait to see family and friends from Ft. Collins. Tammy and I need to put our heads together and come up with something to do for Cindy for a bachelorette party. Any ideas? I think the hotel may have a pool and maybe a hot tub so we might be able to do that. I should know more to do in Denver but I don't.
This Sunday we are having the end of year cell group get together at church. All the small groups come together to talk about the year and have dinner. Dinner is free so that's why we're going.
The auction for my picture I sold on Ebay ended today. The final bid was $39.01. I was flattered that people were competing to buy that. We'll see how future attempts to sell work go.

Comments

bee said…
Wow! I am jealous. I am ready to go see a Rockies game. That may be more of a possibility this year with Cindy and Brad being in Denver. They sometimes get free tickets or cheap ones. Glad you are the recipient of good things.
Anonymous said…
4 movies? Wow! It really does pay. That's really cool that you sold your painting- way to go!! I wanted to ask you about selling things on ebay because I have a box of books I want to do that with. good luck planning the party- I'm sure it will be great!
brittany
Chrissy Cross said…
I LOVE Rangers games, that is one reason I would totally live in the Metroplex.
Brandon E. said…
I have been to only one pro-ball game in my life. (Rangers) And I thought it was lots of fun too. Looks like you had some decent seats.

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

Birthing Class Finale/Shower

We had a busy weekend! Saturday we finished up our birthing class and learned lots of new and helpful information. We were there for 7 hours this time. The class was very good but I was so ready to stop sitting for a little bit at the end. I think both of us feel glad we went but also just completely bombarded with information that it's going to take a little bit to process. Guess that's what happens when you try to learn everything in two days. At the end of our class our teacher came up to us and suggested that we contact one of her friends that is a Doula. For those of you who don't know (I didn't know what this was before I took this class) a doula is like a birthing coach that helps you through the labor process. A lot of people that want to have a natural labor (no pain meds, etc.) us a doula. I had never thought I would be interested in this. In fact, up to the moment that the teacher suggested this lady, it wasn't even an option in my mind. We had shared a l...