Skip to main content

And More Blessings

I am not sure what she was doing but this picture is hilarious!


Well God just added another thing for us to be thankful for and something I just had to share. For Maddy's hearing aids our insurance only pays $1000 for hearing aids every three years. Fortunately we don't have to replace the actual hearing aid piece very often but we do have to get new ear pieces, fittings, etc. as she grows. Aaron has been talking to the HR lady, Tamy Rogers who is a sweet and wonderful person and helped us when the insurance was trying to get out of paying for my pregnancy, over the last few days to see if we can talk to insurance into giving us more money for Maddy's hearing stuff. They regard it as a quality of life issue and we are trying to say that for now it is not quality of life but a medical necessity so she can learn how to talk!!! All very frustrating. So we were going to have to come up with about $2500 before December 8th to pay for the part with the hearing aids that the insurance isn't paying for. Well somehow all of this got back to a sweet and amazing lady with a wonderful husband who cooked the best brisket I've ever tasted for us when Maddy was born, and she found Aaron today and told him that her and her husband would like to give us $1000 to help cover the cost of Maddy's hearing aids. I don't know that we were horribly worried about paying for the hearing aids, but it was going to be a little tight to come up with the money that fast, and God provided through the very kind hearts of some people from DBU. I feel so awkward taking money from people but we cannot turn it down when someone desires to help us in this way. Aaron and I both agreed that we hate it when people won't let us help or give to them, but it is kind of tough in a way to be on the other side a be the gracious receiver sometimes. I guess because you have to humble yourself and admit that you need help or it would be nice to have help and you have to admit that you are not able to take care of everything and control everything in your life. It has been awesome to see how God has provided in so many situations this week. I really needed that because I have been struggling with feeling overwhelmed with day to day school and therapy for Maddy and it is good to see that God is in control and cares about what we want and what we need.

Comments

Brittany said…
That is so incredible! Hallelujah! I am just beaming for you guys. Thanks for sharing. What a great blessing.
oh my goodness, Hol! that is SO amazing! i have chill bumps all over after reading this! thanks for sharing this wonderful story. its always good to remember how much He truly DOES care and how very able and willing He is to provide!
Father God, you are SO GOOD! Thank you for blessing the Fletchers with this amazing and humbling gift!
love u guys and am rejoicing with y'all in this blessing!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

Birthing Class Finale/Shower

We had a busy weekend! Saturday we finished up our birthing class and learned lots of new and helpful information. We were there for 7 hours this time. The class was very good but I was so ready to stop sitting for a little bit at the end. I think both of us feel glad we went but also just completely bombarded with information that it's going to take a little bit to process. Guess that's what happens when you try to learn everything in two days. At the end of our class our teacher came up to us and suggested that we contact one of her friends that is a Doula. For those of you who don't know (I didn't know what this was before I took this class) a doula is like a birthing coach that helps you through the labor process. A lot of people that want to have a natural labor (no pain meds, etc.) us a doula. I had never thought I would be interested in this. In fact, up to the moment that the teacher suggested this lady, it wasn't even an option in my mind. We had shared a l...