Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Aaron!


It has been birthday city around our house the past couple of weeks. Last year Aaron's birthday got pretty much ignored because Maddy had just been born and we were actually coming home from the hospital today without Maddy.
This year Aaron has to work until 8 or later tonight so there won't be much celebrating today. BUT I just wanted to write a blog to say happy birthday and what a fantastic person Aaron is. He is a great husband, dad, and teacher. He got up at 6 this morning to work on his power point so he could have a good class for today and he stayed up until 11 last night working on notes for his lecture. He is super busy all the time but he makes a consistent effort to carve out time to spend with Maddy and me. He makes sure all the bills are paid every month. Sometimes if I've had a busy week he helps clean up the house, especially if people are coming over. He doesn't care how the house looks but he knows I don't like to have people over to a messy, dirty house. Often he will do the dishes for me after I've cooked or he will get Maddy ready for bed so I can clean up the kitchen. He watches Maddy on Wednesday nights when I go to class. He is always very encouraging in what he says to Maddy and I. His students love him as a teacher and also as a person. He has three students right now who are begging him to go to Branson with them in Sept. so they can all do a Half Iron Man. He is willing to work hard at things he is not naturally good at. He plays scrabble so that he can improve his spelling and learn new words. I have been blessed to see Aaron grow as a person, a husband, and a father over the almost 7 years we have been married. The best part is that he actively tries to work on all these aspects of his life because he really cares about being a good Christian, glorifying God, and serving his family. Happy Birthday Aaron!

Comments

Brittany said…
Happy birthday, Aaron! We all think you're the berries!
bee said…
Ditto, ditto, ditto. What can I say. I am the most blessed mother-in-law in the world. You are such a blessing to us all. Happy, happy, happy birthday.

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

Birthing Class Finale/Shower

We had a busy weekend! Saturday we finished up our birthing class and learned lots of new and helpful information. We were there for 7 hours this time. The class was very good but I was so ready to stop sitting for a little bit at the end. I think both of us feel glad we went but also just completely bombarded with information that it's going to take a little bit to process. Guess that's what happens when you try to learn everything in two days. At the end of our class our teacher came up to us and suggested that we contact one of her friends that is a Doula. For those of you who don't know (I didn't know what this was before I took this class) a doula is like a birthing coach that helps you through the labor process. A lot of people that want to have a natural labor (no pain meds, etc.) us a doula. I had never thought I would be interested in this. In fact, up to the moment that the teacher suggested this lady, it wasn't even an option in my mind. We had shared a l...