Skip to main content

Did We Eat Enough Junk?

It all started the Saturday before Thanksgiving when Aaron roasted a deer shoulder. Matt, Brittany, Rachel, and Dr. Griffith joined us for dinner and we had birthday cake for Rachel. Aaron announced at the meal that this was the official beginning to six weeks of gorging ourselves and sadly, I think he was right. We had a great time that evening and it was good to get to spend some time with Matt and Brittany before they head out to California.

Maddy joined right in the gorging along with everyone else.
This is not on the same night if anyone was concerned. Maddy loves!!!! ice cream.
Monday before T-day Aaron and I went to the Russell Perry dinner, a fund-raiser for DBU. We are normally too poor to go to this but we've been invited to a table that someone else has paid for every year. Aaron loves going to this dinner. It is very dressy and yes I wore the bridesmaids dress from Ethan and Jenna's wedding. I love that it is a dress you can actually use for something besides being in a wedding.
Our little office girl contemplating starting her own blog some day.
Turkey coma. Mema's cooking was delicious as usual. Maddy especially liked Mema's dressing. It was very good. Sherry made my favorite, pecan pie!
Outside soaking up some sun and playing with Tuffy. Tuffy is a little too rowdy around Maddy but they both can't stay away from each other.
Mikali was fascinated with Maddy's stander. Probably a similar sort of feeling I had about PaPa's crutches when I was a kid. She pushed Maddy around the house until Maddy got tired of it.
Yum! Yum! Cookies. Maddy ate the whole thing. That is very unusual for her .Another testament to Mema's cooking skills.
Color time. I used to do this exact same activity in the afternoons at Mema's house with my cousins.
Maddy and Aunt "MeMe". :)
The radio at Grandma and Grandpa's was facinating. Grandad is helping Maddy find Christmas music. To continue with the eating theme we gorged ourselves on pizza and thanksgiving leftovers while we were in Lubbock.

On the way home from West Texas we stopped in Abeline to eat lunch with Ethan and Jenna. Jenna made an excellent pot roast followed up by strawberry cupcakes. It so happened that Brad and Cindy were in Abeline that day as well due to the sad occurrence of Brad's grandmother passing away. Although I wish that they had not had to come to Abeline it was good to get to see them and Bethany and the Hall family if only for a very brief time.
We finished off the Thanksgiving holiday by decorating the tree. I love my Christmas tree and I'm glad that Maddy is old enough to enjoy looking at it this year. So far (knock on wood) she has been really good about looking and not touching.
More food ahead!

Comments

Chrissy Cross said…
Holidays are so much more fun with kiddos!! :) Glad we couls see you for a bit.
Ms. Embry said…
Great synopsis! And pics! :-) Let the feasting continue this weekend! :-)
Anonymous said…
your tree is always so beautiful! We had an awesome time with all at the deer roast- thanks for having us there!
brittany

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

Birthing Class Finale/Shower

We had a busy weekend! Saturday we finished up our birthing class and learned lots of new and helpful information. We were there for 7 hours this time. The class was very good but I was so ready to stop sitting for a little bit at the end. I think both of us feel glad we went but also just completely bombarded with information that it's going to take a little bit to process. Guess that's what happens when you try to learn everything in two days. At the end of our class our teacher came up to us and suggested that we contact one of her friends that is a Doula. For those of you who don't know (I didn't know what this was before I took this class) a doula is like a birthing coach that helps you through the labor process. A lot of people that want to have a natural labor (no pain meds, etc.) us a doula. I had never thought I would be interested in this. In fact, up to the moment that the teacher suggested this lady, it wasn't even an option in my mind. We had shared a l...