Skip to main content

Stuck






I got back from my weekly OB appointment about an hour ago. I am stuck at 2 cm. :( I was really hoping for another cm or something. We found out that our induction date has been scheduled for sure for March 30th at 5 a.m. Wow! Less than two weeks now and we will have a baby on our hands. I am getting really nervous. Nervous about labor, nervous about being induced, nervous about Maddy being okay when she is born. For a while I was really wanting to be done with being pregnant just because it felt like all this craziness of doctor's appointments and worry and stress would be over if she'd just get here. But that is not true. I guess the good thing is that we will know more about what we're dealing with once she arrives. Now I am just ready to not be pregnant anymore because it is so uncomfortable. I can't put my shoes on without almost falling over. I can't move anywhere close to furniture without bumping my stomach against everything. Yesterday, I was at the library finishing up my C.S. Lewis paper. I had to get up and go to the bathroom. As I was walking to the restroom a college kid that was sitting on some couches looked up and saw me and said in a really concerned voice, "Are you doing okay?" LOL!!!!!! Embarrassing and hilarious at the same time. I told him I was fine and then tried not to look at him when I came out of the bathroom. I must have looked like I was really desperate to get to the bathroom or something.
The baby room is set up with pretty much everything we have. Hopefully we'll be getting a few items from baby showers still to come or else we will be spending a lot of time searching Craig's list. However, we do have everything we need for when she first comes home (I think). My mom is making curtains for the baby room. She actually found some material that has raccoons on it and is really cute and also has a green background. Amazing. I can't wait to see them and get them put up.
Tomorrow is my birthday. Aaron already got me my birthday present--the stainless steel cookware pictured above. I just happened to see an ad for it. We got it at Penney's and it ended up being 80% off of the original price. It was originally a $200 set and was on sale for $70. Plus it had a $30 mail in rebate so in the end we will get it for $40!!! I have really been needing some new cookware. I have used mine so much and it was the cheap cookware from Target and Wal-Mart so after almost 6 years of use it was basically falling apart. I actually threw a frying pan and a sauce pan away. They were so awful they weren't even worth donating to Goodwill or any place like that. Anyway, It is great! I love it. It is so nice I am almost afraid to use it, but I'm sure cooking a few meals with it will get that out of my system. Tomorrow we'll probably go to Chili's to celebrate. We were hoping there would be some basketball games to watch while we were there, but they don't start until Thursday. :( Maybe we'll come home and watch the next episode of 24, season 2. We started getting it from Netflix several weeks ago. It is probably good that we are getting it in installments instead of having it available to watch all of them. Last time we watched 24, we watched season 1 and borrrowed it from the Halls. It was while Aaron was in grad school and his dissertation was due. We ended up staying up until 2 or 3 in the morning finishing up the season.

Comments

Brittany said…
How exciting! Very nice looking cookware. We got our set from Target, but I think they still look good...maybe I need to take another look...:) Enjoy Chili's- we went on Sunday night and had a blast. We never watched season 2 of 24. I'm kind of glad. I don't like being sucked into something and wondering what happens. Season 1 was good though. We haven't watched Lost at all this season. They lost our attention. Well, we'll be praying for March 30th!!
Jennifer said…
haha! I'd hardly say that still being at 2 cm at 37 1/2 weeks qualifies as being "stuck!" There has to be some type of labor contractions to do much else! Still praying you'll have her before your scheduled induction. Praying for you, Aaron, and Maddy daily!
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday! And I hope you have another happy birth-day in a couple weeks. I hope not too long after Maddy is born you guys can bring her up to show to the great-grandparents. I don't know if we will get a chance to come down anytime soon.

Brandon

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building the

Another Sonogram

We went to the high risk pregnancy doc today for another sonogram. This time he could see all four chambers of the heart, the pulmonary valve, etc. In his words it looked "dramatically better". He feels there is still some slight compression on the heart and that we need to continue watching it. As of now he cannot see anything that is causing it and the MRI did not see anything either. He also felt that the hands were okay. They are not clenched fists at least as he first thought, meaning that the fingers aren't overlapping each other. Her hands are still in fists and she won't open them but he said he has had other babies that have not opened their fist in the sonogram but the hands have been normal at birth, so we still have a lot of hope for those little hands. He was able to get a better look at the face today, no cleft palate, so that is a huge blessing. The feet are still concerning. They are definitely clubbed but she is also not moving them. She is moving her

One Year Ago Today

One year ago today we found out we were having a little girl. One year ago today, the OB called us into his office and told us that Maddy was not going to survive. One year ago today God heard the prayers of many friends and family and he started working a miracle. One year ago today I thought I would never see my precious little girl alive. One year ago today I was so shocked I didn't and couldn't feel anything but disbelief. One year ago today, God started planning that today a little girl named Madeline Mae Fletcher would be by my side as I write this, talking and playing with her stuffed cow that Aunt Tammy gave her. One year ago today God set out to prove that he is faithful and he hears his people's prayers and that he still does miracles. Today is bittersweet because one year ago today our dreams and plans we had for our new life with our baby girl were destroyed. But one year ago today God started making a new plan to give us a different dream and a different plan.