Skip to main content

Update--I finally know where I am going

Well it has been a busy week and weekend for us. Tuesday we did the NTS like usual except with a different doctor because mine is out of the office until next Tuesday. All was fine on that test. I definitely like my own doctor better.
Wednesday, my pregnant brain played tricks on me and I triple booked myself for the day. About a week ago, Aaron asked if he could invite some of his students over for dinner on Wednesday so I said sure. Then a calendar got set up to take food to our friends who just had their baby--2 weeks ago now. So not thinking about the dinner I'd said I'd do, I signed up for Wednesday. Didn't really clicked that I'd signed up for two things that day until about Monday when it was too late to change anything. Then I got an email on Monday from our doula reminding me that we had scheduled to meet at DBU on Wednesday to talk about birth stuff. Yikes! So Wednesday morning I came to school with Aaron and met her. At this point we still didn't know which hospital so we couldn't really make much of a plan but we did talk about some things that we'd like to happen, etc. Then I took the car and headed back home and cooked all afternoon. A friend was in town in Carrollton and called so she stopped by for a hour in the afternoon. It was great to see her. Then I finished cooking and cleaning right as the students and Aaron arrived, let them get in the house, told Aaron to watch the food on the stove that was almost done but not quite, loaded up the food for our friends and took off to take it to them. Another thing about this day is that it was around 80 degrees both outside and inside our house! So I was practically dripping sweat by the time I got the food over to our friends. It was great to get to see them though I couldn't stay long and I did get to see the baby awake. She was asleep when we visted at the hospital. I jumped in the car and got back to our house just in time to get all the students started on dinner. It was Aaron's biochem class that came over and it was nice to meet them. All very nice people. Aaron has a great class to work with this semester. I was worn out by the end of the day.
Thrusday was calmer, but hotter. It in the 80's inside and out again. Too hot for February! I went to a girls Bible study that I've started going to that evening. My friend Andrea is really gracious to come pick me up for the study at her house. It is such a great break to get to go hang out, pray, and read the Bible with the couple of girls that do this study. And it is great to have someone to spend the evening with since Aaron is always teaching.
Friday was the high risk/sono appt. Before the appt. we went to home depot to check out how much it would cost to make a grow box for tomatoes, etc. We had some gift cards so were hoping it would be close and it was. We have no tools, however, so we called a guy from church who has a building/handyman business and asked if we could pay him a little bit to come help us. We weren't really thinking right then, but I guess it's been slow for him lately cause he was ready to start that day. So we went to our doc appt. It was supposed to be at 3. They were really behind. I did not get in a room until 4 and did not see the doctor til at least 10 minutes after 4. It was a long wait. I always get so nervous at these appts. so it was not a pleasant wait. He came in, did the sonogram, and all looked just as it had for the past couple of months. Good news. He did find a small area by her heart that had fluid in it but he was not concerned at all. Apparently that is pretty common? Anyway I was glad because that part got my heart racing for a second, but after he brushed it off I forgot about it til I was writing this. So he told us that everything had been approved for delivering at Plano Presbyterian. However, they want to induce at 39 weeks. I will not get to talk to my doctor about this for another week since he is out of the office. I do not want to be induced if my body has taken no steps to get ready to have the baby. Also, if they are concerned about her lungs, the lungs are the last thing to develop in the baby so it seems like it would be smart to at least give her til the due date unless she says she's ready to come before. A lot of why the are doing this is so that all the doctors can be where they are supposed to be when I deliver, but it still irritates me that it seems that they are more concerned about their own convienent schedule than what is best for Maddy and me. Anyhow, just pray I go into labor before we have to worry about the whole induction mess--but not until after I get the last two papers I want to get done before she gets here! I am picky. :) We went down to labor and delivery after the appointment cause it is right down the hall from my doctor's office. The nurses were really nice and showed us a room so we could see what it looked like. They also got a number for us to call and set up a tour of the NICU so we could know what that was like in case Maddy ends up there. Hopefully that won't happen but we'd be more comfortable if we at least knew what the place was like. I'm not sure when we will do that. It needs to be sooner than later.
So after the appt. we called our friend and he came over and helped cut boards for the box. He had to be somewhere that evening so that is all the guys got done. I ordered pizza from Papa Murphy's and made that for them.
Our business was not over on Friday. On Saturday we went to hand out fliers at an apt. complex where our church is going to be starting a kid's Bible program. It is really cool because the apt. manager asked them to come do this. That is not a usual type of request. The kick off is March 10th. After we did that we went back home and packed a bag so that we could head up to Matt and Brittany's house as soon as Tricia got to our house. Brittany is in the musical AIDA. We left about 1:30 and started driving. On the way up we stopped at a rest area outside of Gainsville that has a WWII memorial to Grandpa's battalion. It was neat, but the wind was really hard that day and it was super cold so we did not look at it for too long. We got to Noble around 4:30. David and Janet were there to see the show as well. We ate some food and then left to go to a French bakery that was on the way to the theater. They had lots of very yummy desserts. I got chocolate fix cake and Aaron got a St. Honore. It was a cream puff thing with chocolate filling. Really good stuff. We then went on to the theater. We had some parking adventures in downtown, but still got to the theater in plenty of time. Brittany was definitely the best performer by far in the show. It was fun and we enjoyed it a lot. We went back to the house after the show and got a snack, played, games and talked. We did not get into bed early enough. The next morning we went to church with Matt and Brittany. Their church is very nice. Small and friendly. They made lunch for us after church and then we took off to come back home. Right before we left we got a call from one of the guys in our small group and found out that another couple had their baby that moring. So when we got back we headed over to the hospital to see her. After that we still had to go grocery shopping and then we stayed up late again trying to get Aaron's test for his biochem class ready (test is tomorrow). Aaron has been a step behind on prep for this class almost the whole semester because it is so much work. It is an upper level course so there is a lot more study and planning involved.
So as you can see the past week was crazy busy but very fun. Hopefully this week will go at a little slower pace and I'll get lots more school stuff done. Next week is spring break and we are both looking forward to that.

Comments

MadeByAmanda said…
Whew! Sounds like you've been really busy lately.
Chrissy Cross said…
Busy, busy, I am glad you are getting things set up for the delivery of that baby!! IT is almost here! Just think, in one month you will be a family of 3!! Can't wait to see her!
Brittany said…
You are exhausting me with your schedule!! We loved having you here! Can't wait to see your garden.
Jessica said…
Wow, you guys are so busy! You'll have to post pictures of the baby's room sometime soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building the

Another Sonogram

We went to the high risk pregnancy doc today for another sonogram. This time he could see all four chambers of the heart, the pulmonary valve, etc. In his words it looked "dramatically better". He feels there is still some slight compression on the heart and that we need to continue watching it. As of now he cannot see anything that is causing it and the MRI did not see anything either. He also felt that the hands were okay. They are not clenched fists at least as he first thought, meaning that the fingers aren't overlapping each other. Her hands are still in fists and she won't open them but he said he has had other babies that have not opened their fist in the sonogram but the hands have been normal at birth, so we still have a lot of hope for those little hands. He was able to get a better look at the face today, no cleft palate, so that is a huge blessing. The feet are still concerning. They are definitely clubbed but she is also not moving them. She is moving her

One Year Ago Today

One year ago today we found out we were having a little girl. One year ago today, the OB called us into his office and told us that Maddy was not going to survive. One year ago today God heard the prayers of many friends and family and he started working a miracle. One year ago today I thought I would never see my precious little girl alive. One year ago today I was so shocked I didn't and couldn't feel anything but disbelief. One year ago today, God started planning that today a little girl named Madeline Mae Fletcher would be by my side as I write this, talking and playing with her stuffed cow that Aunt Tammy gave her. One year ago today God set out to prove that he is faithful and he hears his people's prayers and that he still does miracles. Today is bittersweet because one year ago today our dreams and plans we had for our new life with our baby girl were destroyed. But one year ago today God started making a new plan to give us a different dream and a different plan.