Skip to main content

On the Fifth Day of Kenya my daughter gave to me: A whole night of sleeping!

 The latest from Aaron:


We are now at a new place and new hotel.  It is much more the htel I would expect...very small rooms and oldish...sort of Mexico-ish.

Today was very interesting.  We got to see how a water project has transformed a certain community.  They use to walk this crazy hill 8-10 per day!!!!  We went down to the river and they brought pales and I carried one back to the top.  They then led me to a hutforherwater.  She was very weak bc she was HIV positive....had been raped and had a kid from it.  I was able to go into the hut and they wanted me to take a pic and send it back.  Chuck said they would work it out, so remind me to send it!!!


We finally slept well last night. Maddy had a terrible time getting to bed but once she did, we slept like rocks. The funny thing is that I feel more tired than I have all week. ha! Thanks time change + not sleeping kid + husband being gone. 
I got the living room wall painted last night. Tam got a roller and helped out so it went a lot faster. Now I just need to borrow a ladder to paint the really high parts. I will work on tracking one down today.

In other news I think Maddy has ringworm. I should say "a" ringworm. I only see one spot on her leg. I thought I was going to have to take her to the doctor but since I only see one spot I will just get some antifungal cream and see if I can get it to clear up. I think it should go away fine. She has been getting sweatier in her splints and the spot is right underneath the top of her splint so I'm sure that creates ideal, moist growing conditions for fungus. Yay! 
Today is a down day with no real plans. I need to mow the lawn and various other chores such as grocery shopping. Tammy is taking tomorrow off for her spring break day so we will have another fun and busy day tomorrow.

Comments

Drs Meyer said…
So glad she slept for you :) I am really excited that he gets to be over there and you guys get to have fun tomorrow with tam taking off! send pictures please :)
Jessica said…
Man, you guys are getting some major painting done! Looks really good!
bee said…
Sure hope Maddy does not come down with more of those spots. YUCK! I am sure you are correct on the splints not helping such things. I wish I could see your paint job in person.

Popular posts from this blog

Getaway to Ticks Bend....I Mean Beavers Bend State Park

 Back in April, we decided we needed to do a short family getaway after the semester was over. The last time we'd been on vacation just to vacation (not going to see family in CO) was when we went to San Antonio when Maddy was 3 months old. We found Beavers Bend State Park close to Broken Bow, OK and decided to go there. We booked a cabin in the state park and eagerly awaited the day we could take off for our getaway. We left on Sunday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday afternoon. It was short, but so fun and relaxing. We had no computer and no cell phones while we were up there. We just got to enjoy being around each other and the beautiful scenery.  We built a fire and roasted some marshmallows. Also popped some jiffy pop. Aaron had never done one of those before.  This is a 100 year old cabin they had at the visitor center. I like the mud chinking ( I think that's what it's called). A couple named Comma and Mabel lived in the cabin when the CCC was building t...

Geneticist

We went to see the genetic counselor this morning at 10. What we found out was hopeful for now, although we'll have to continue watching to see how thing develop. She said from what the doctors had communicated to her and from the initial results of the fish test (test for the chromosomal defects) and because I have been feeling the baby move every day, right now she thinks the baby may have a condition called Amyoplasia Congenita. This is a condition where the baby develops normally except for the hands and feet which can be corrected through orthopedic treatment, at least to some extent. People with this condition can live normal lives. This is obviously the best news we've had all week and much better than where we were a week ago. However, this isn't a diagnosis. We still need to watch the baby's development and also get the complete results from the chromosomal testing. BUT we are so thankful that today we have good news and something to hope for. For those (like m...

We Need Your Prayers

Many of you have probably heard all ready, but Aaron and I got some devastating news today. Our baby will probably not survive outside the womb. They did an amneostasis this afternoon to test for chromasomal defects, which is what they think it is right now. I know I am spelling everything wrong so I hope what I write makes enough sense for everyone to understand what is going on. The specialist we went to see feels that it is triploidy or triamias 18. Those may not be the right names but they are two of the three chromasomal defects. The other is down's syndrome. He did not feel that it was down's. The other two defects are fatal so if we carry the baby to term it will not live but for a few days or hours if one of the defects above is the problem. We will know in 2days. If it is not one of those then we will have to go to a cardiologist and a genetic counselor. The baby had clubbed hands and feel and it's heart is not formed correctly and is not in the right place. Becau...